forum

Skin per difficulty

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
jmaeshawn
It would be very nice if osu was able to have skins for multiple difficulties of the same song/map.

For example, having a strawberry skin for an easy difficulty, and a dance party skin in hard.

Giving osu the ability to have multiple skins in a map would allow for a lot more creative freedom in mapping.

I hope you are able to implement this idea soon. :)

Thank you.
adamskii_uk
You can do this already since Osu! can read subdirectories in the songs folder. :)

1) Create a new folder and rename it to the artist and song title.
2) Create another new folder within the directory you created in step 1, and rename it to Easy, Hard, Insane, etc.
3) Place the beatmap file in the subdirectory that matches the difficulty level of the beatmap.
4) Put the skins and sounds for each difficulty in each of the subdirectories that you created in step 2, along with the beatmap file you placed in step 3.
5) Put your mp3/ogg file in the root folder you created in step 1. It should be the only file that's in the folder, along with the subdirectories you created in step 2.
6) Edit each of the beatmap files and add ..\ to the beginning of the audio filename (eg. AudioFilename: ..\myaudio.mp3)
Topic Starter
jmaeshawn
Yeah, I already got it to work, but the osu submission system didn't read the subdirectorys properly when uploaded it. The final osz that was on the server only had the files that I had put in the first subdirectory, along with the mp3 I put in the root.

Peppy said this was because the steps I tried and that you suggested, adam, are "an unsupported hack."

Therefore, I am requesting this to be made into a TRUE, 100% supported by osu and the osu beatmap submission system feature. :)