forum

Envy - Heaven

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Charles445
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, February 01, 2012 at 5:10:13 PM

Artist: Envy
Title: Heaven
Source: Newgrounds
Tags: remix dance cautious snickerz mmzz
BPM: 150
Filesize: 5213kb
Play Time: 02:43
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.09 stars, 157 notes)
  2. Insane (5 stars, 390 notes)
  3. MM's Taiko (5 stars, 795 notes)
  4. Normal (3.59 stars, 199 notes)
  5. Snickerz Hard (4.87 stars, 363 notes)
Download: Envy - Heaven
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

Hard made by Snickerz
Taiko made by MMzz

\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\
Shiirn
NO
BulldozA
YES
I love this song, and I would give you a star but as it turns out nobody has given me one from my modding :(
and your a MAT so theres not realy much I can pick up on that you cant, but i'll try anyway

first i did notice the title is wrong this is the second version of the song i belive its called "Heaven Rd. 2 (Ng mix)"

timing seems perfect to me
I cant really say anything about the easy dif until a little more is mapped

normal dif:
01:07:638 (1,2,3,4) - when I look and listen to this in the editor it seems fine and makes sense but when i play it just feels wierd and like its out of place, this is just my personal preference
02:09:238 (2,3,1,2) - same as above but it just dosent seem to match the music to me

Snickerz hard and insane: nothing i can really say it seems fine to me

well i hope I helped somewhat i really want to see this ranked
Topic Starter
Charles445

w0rr10rdud3 wrote:

first i did notice the title is wrong this is the second version of the song i belive its called "Heaven Rd. 2 (Ng mix)"
An explanation of why I chose Heaven and not Heaven Rd. 2 (Ng mix)
When I went to the site to get the mp3 and view the details, I was greeted with this strange title
I knew this wasn't going to work, so I researched it a bit more. The artist has made three versions of the same song (Rd. 2 being the most popular and, well, good).
Still bothered by having to stick Rd. 2 after it, I looked for other places it showed up.
I finally found the first place I had heard it, which was Level 3 of the Impossible Game.

This game is an actual product that costs money, so I feel that the details in this game have more weight than what was on Newgrounds.
A quick look at the Impossible Game's website lists the song as

And that is how I got the title and artist.

normal dif:
01:07:638 (1,2,3,4) - when I look and listen to this in the editor it seems fine and makes sense but when i play it just feels wierd and like its out of place, this is just my personal preference
02:09:238 (2,3,1,2) - same as above but it just dosent seem to match the music to me
I can see the first instance seeming to be a bit strange, but I really think the second one works well. I'm probably going to keep both.
-Lennox-
Okay lets go. Don't blame my english kthx

[General]

You can put timelines directly on the beat you want. You don't have to place it 1/4 before. Never thought i say this to a MAT lol.
01:23:438 - That break feels really odd :s You might want to map this as well.

[Easy]

00:14:038 - The timeline is pointless, don't you think?
00:57:638 (1,2,3,4) - This part is quite hard for new players. I suggest to remove (2) and (4). Sounds also good, and its easier to read.
01:10:438 (1,2,3,4) - ^
01:48:788 - Timeline lol. On 1/8?
02:17:638 (1,2,3,4) - Same as above
02:36:838 (1,2,3,4) - ^

Don't forget to fix the spacing if you change the sliders.

Great diff.

[Normal] [Hard] & [Insane]

There is nothing to do for an modder like me. Could be ranked right now.

Im sorry if this mod post wasn't helpful ;-;
Topic Starter
Charles445

-Lennox- wrote:

Okay lets go. Don't blame my english kthx

[General]

You can put timelines directly on the beat you want. You don't have to place it 1/4 before. Never thought i say this to a MAT lol. I do this to be safe, there was a bug where inheriting sections wouldn't play the sound if they were directly on the object. It doesn't really matter.
01:23:438 - That break feels really odd :s You might want to map this as well. Ehh, song needs a break somewhere and there aren't many opportunities for a break. I'll consider this. If there's enough people saying they dislike it then I will change it.

[Easy]

00:14:038 - The timeline is pointless, don't you think? It changes slider speed.
00:57:638 (1,2,3,4) - This part is quite hard for new players. I suggest to remove (2) and (4). Sounds also good, and its easier to read.
01:10:438 (1,2,3,4) - ^ No for both, it's not too hard to play and the objects are clearly visible (except for maybe the 4 since it's somewhat overlapped)
01:48:788 - Timeline lol. On 1/8? Doesn't matter
02:17:638 (1,2,3,4) - Same as aboveSame
02:36:838 (1,2,3,4) - ^Same

Don't forget to fix the spacing if you change the sliders.

Great diff.

[Normal] [Hard] & [Insane]

There is nothing to do for an modder like me. Could be ranked right now.

Im sorry if this mod post wasn't helpful ;-;
Post is helpful, so I'll give you KD. It's good to get some opinions on the breaks and I might end up changing them.
Neptunus
Hey~

Easy:
Fine to me

Normal:
00:19:238 (1) - really need a new combo here? I think it fits the piano better if you remove that
00:25:638 (1) - also this
00:30:438 - here, why not try 1 second kiai here , we just want the "kiai burst" here to make it cool when the drum suddenly start. Not only this, but here in all diffs. 00:43:238 - and here ,when rhythme become even faster.
01:23:238 (1) - why not try a normal hit finish here

Snickerz Hard:
00:39:038 (4) - why not try this

01:07:838 (2) - also here, same suggestion as above, try to change 01:07:838 (2,3) - into a reverse slider
01:14:238 (2,3) - exchange these two in time sequence?
02:18:038 (2) - a nazi one,discernible spacing inconsistency between 02:17:638 (1,2,3) -

Insane:
00:48:638 (2) - ah.....Ctrl+R ? because it looks cool XD
01:01:438 (2) - I suggest this note's direction like this:

Skilled mapper and nice map, there appeares no real problems, so my mod only serves as suggestions~
Good luck~ :idea:
Topic Starter
Charles445

Neptunus wrote:

Normal:
00:19:238 (1) - really need a new combo here? I think it fits the piano better if you remove that Nah, a new combo here is consistent with the other ones
00:25:638 (1) - also this Same as above
00:30:438 - here, why not try 1 second kiai here , we just want the "kiai burst" here to make it cool when the drum suddenly start. Not only this, but here in all diffs. 00:43:238 - and here ,when rhythme become even faster. That's a great idea! But instead of having a second burst at 43 I'll make the second burst at 57
01:23:238 (1) - why not try a normal hit finish here That's a good idea. It'll help the sudden break feel more natural. I'll add this to all difficulties.

Snickerz Hard:
00:39:038 (4) - why not try this I think what Snickerz put here is alright. I'll ask him about it though
01:07:838 (2) - also here, same suggestion as above, try to change 01:07:838 (2,3) - into a reverse slider I'll ask Snickerz about it
01:14:238 (2,3) - exchange these two in time sequence? Great idea!
02:18:038 (2) - a nazi one,discernible spacing inconsistency between 02:17:638 (1,2,3) - It's only off by 0.06x but I'll change it anyway.

Insane:
00:48:638 (2) - ah.....Ctrl+R ? because it looks cool XD No, this would make the reverse on the slider completely invisible.
01:01:438 (2) - I suggest this note's direction like this The reason the slider is sideways is to make sure that the reverse is visible.
Thanks a lot!
Shiirn
Get a few people to post or PM me saying "I couldn't find anything wrong in this map" and I'll count them as mod posts. Get at least 4 of these, then I'll bubble check.

your pleas have moved my harsh soul
Shiirn
YOU HAVE DEFEATED THE FINAL BOSS

I CANNOT FIND ANY FAULTS WITH YOUR MAP
Wasabi
:O
ztrot
Well yeah I've looked this map over quite a few times nothing to report and plays really nice ranked.....oh wait damn I'll get back to you in like 12 hours lol
Topic Starter
Charles445
omg omg! ty every1 whu supoartd me thru the provcess! txh all!

Wait, shit, ok.
dkun

ztrot wrote:

Well yeah I've looked this map over quite a few times nothing to report and plays really nice ranked.....oh wait damn I'll get back to you in like 12 hours lol
oh I lol'd hard
good map though charles
dkun
ps you already know

Insane
02:36:038 (3,4) - not symmetrical

I fucking love this map though
ztrot
Yeah fix that up and I'll rank it
:edit looked good o/ this time for real
Kawayi Rika
Omedeto Charles ~