forum

Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
awp
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, June 01, 2009 at 5:57:30 PM

Artist: Iron Maiden
Title: Hallowed Be Thy Name
BPM: 206.49
Filesize: 10394kb
Play Time: 06:57
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hallowed (4.88 stars, 739 notes)
  2. JAMES DIFFICULTY!! (4.82 stars, 642 notes)
Download: Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
"If Heavy Metal were a country, this would be the National Anthem."

After several months of a lack of Iron Maiden in osu!'s community diet and a few weeks in the beatmap editor, I may now rest easy at night knowing one of the most awesome songs ever made is now a beatmap.

Hallowed be Thy name.
CourtJackal
You are a god among men and your name shall forever be immortalized in the book of awesome for this.
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Download: Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name (awp) [ASDAFSDAFSDAF].osu
Topic Starter
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Elyk_old
James
yeh maybe i just need to press notes faster..
Topic Starter
awp
James
HAAAAALLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDD BBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEE TTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY NNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i suck at streams T_T

Download: Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name (awp) [JAMES DIFFICULTY!!].osu

Download: James - Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name [JAMES DIFFICULTY!!] (20081022044905).osr

James
new day new post.

vocal section (03:19:82~03:45:91)- feels late.
and 04:06:03~04:20:07 section feels early.

other sections are fine, because they are all bunch of random sliders put together @ my difficulty~
CheeseWarlock
Topic Starter
awp
Sinistro
I can't really say I'm confident evaluating a timing with so many sections, but I can at least say nothing jumps at me as really off. My playing skill is far below the one required for this beatmap and still I got lots and lots of 300s, an avg ms off of like 6 ms at the end, and 50% of notes off, which should have been a lot higher if the map was timed horribly off in addition to my playing, so all these are good signs. If there are some slighter tweaks needed though, I may have missed them.

Regarding the maps themselves, I think they're all right. James's 420 bpm sliders of WHAT are rather fast, but they might be ok. The uber slow slider at 06:41:52 (3) seems like it's unfairly stealing half your lifebar away, until I you realise it's after a really easy part, so it's probably ok.

I will Approve this if it's bubbled by someone who knows his timing.
James
i reduced the spacing at the stream part, now its using 0.8x. because i cant pass that section 70% of the time hahaha.
im bad at long 1/2 beat streams..

now the pattern layout (?) are ugly..

Download: Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name (awp) [JAMES DIFFICULTY!!].osu
CaptainOlimar247
This song is truly awesome. Thanks for adding it to osu. For your sake, I hope this map becomes ranked. It truly is marvelous.
Topic Starter
awp
It'll get Approved due to length as oppose to ranked, but thanks for the thumbs up. I've run out of maps since I left Ooparts at my university house, so I guess I could download this sucker and finish fixing up [JAMES DIFFICULTY!!].

EDIT: Yeah I knocked the drain down on James Difficulty by one point. That long slow slider drains virtually no HP now, but I think it needs a few more Finish samples and because nobody used a metronome in the 80s and James stuck with 1/2 snapping, some of the notes are a few MS off and I'll have to tackle them eventually.
Colminator
By far the greatest beatmap ever made, hats off to you my friend.
Topic Starter
awp
I'll fix JAMES DIFFICULTY's snapping soon, I swear.

EDIT: Okay I actually did go over JAMES DIFFICULTY!!

Changes made to JAMES DIFFICULTY:
-Two seconds have awkward timing in the actual song, so a few notes have been resnapped to reflect that
-One combo was cleaned up/repositioned to get rid of unacceptable slider overlap
-the tick in the long, slow slider does not make an offbeat "click" sound

I'm hoping it should be approveable now.
CheeseWarlock
Just one thing...

[Hallowed]
04:17:72 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - This section is begging for 1/3 snaps. Or at least not 1/4s. It's messy.

Aside from that, this is amazingly mapped (and timed) and is more than deserving of a bubble towards approval.
Topic Starter
awp

CheeseWarlock wrote:

[Hallowed]
04:17:72 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - This section is begging for 1/3 snaps. Or at least not 1/4s. It's messy.
Absolutely right on that. Worst part is, I already did that elsewhere, but this one got overlooked. Now we're all happy.
foulcoon
this are approval bubbles.
show more