forum

About osu! users using !stats for other osu! users

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sinistro
If someone in osu! (not other irc applications) uses the !stats command for a user who is currently online in osu!, they either get the results as a private message or they get a private message telling them to look at that user's panel in Extended Chat mode.

Remco32
I like the PM idea, but not the F9 part.
Since you need to look through 100 online players, looking for the one you want to know the stats from ;)
Topic Starter
Sinistro
It's not that much of a chore to look for a panel, especially since you can sort them alphabetically. I daresay it uses less effort/keys than typing out the command, even.
Echo
I think if F9 panel was up, then it could pm stats AND auto select/scroll to the panel, but if only F8 chat is up then just pm stats.
awp

Sinistro wrote:

It's not that much of a chore to look for a panel, especially since you can sort them alphabetically. I daresay it uses less effort/keys than typing out the command, even.
!!!

ack, heartburn! I...have to...disagree on that!

When I'm trying to find a user (say, as often as it happens, James!) I find it much easier to just !stats James then look for him in the extended chat. I'm a fast typer, it takes me about two seconds to type !stats James - okay, 3 seconds, and takes me up to 12 seconds to find him in a mess of users. But yeah, !stats should really be a PM-only command. Perhaps !cstats could broadcast stats to the channel if you wanted to show something off, but Banchospamming is irritating most of the time.