forum

Swagberg - Pony Swag (feat. Maros)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ztrot
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, January 16, 2012 at 8:43:36 AM

Artist: Swagberg
Title: Pony Swag (feat. Maros)
Tags: MoonShade DiamondCrash
BPM: 120
Filesize: 8948kb
Play Time: 03:04
Difficulties Available:
  1. DC's Easy (2.09 stars, 164 notes)
  2. Insane (5 stars, 610 notes)
  3. MoonShade's Hard (4.8 stars, 448 notes)
  4. Normal (3.56 stars, 235 notes)
Download: Swagberg - Pony Swag (feat. Maros)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Map started out as a collab but dkun lost intrest so with his premission I pulled my insane out and plan to make an entire set
Skin by Quaraezha

Major thanks to swagberg for letting me use his track :3
Quaraezha
Birdy
...pony swag?! i have literally seen everything...
MoonShade
Hard is ready. Hope it's not to insane :3

Download: Swagberg - Pony Swag (feat. Maros) (ztrot) [MoonShade's Swag].osu
aRiskOfRain
Katsuri
Damn.
Agnes
PONIES PONIES PONIES SWAG PONIES PONIES PONIES SWAG PONIES PONIES PONIES SWAG PONIES PONIES PONIES SWAG
Translation: This mod will be mostly suggestions. Just take whatever you see fit and whatnot.

[General]
SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG-- I mean... ...u-uh... Y-Yeah, let's get down to business, swag.
  1. Unsnapped inherited points in all difficulties. Just fix those up.
  2. Where's approachcircle.png?
  3. Why not name DC's Easy to DC's Swag?
[DC's Easy]

01:32:028 (1) - You should totally make this into a type of sliderart. It looked boring imo.

[Normal]

00:35:028 (3,4,5) - Make these into a return slider?

[MoonSwag's Swag]

00:58:028 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - The shape of this formation looked a bit distasteful...
01:00:028 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - ^
Same for 01:50:028 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - as well, actually. silly copypasta.

[Insane]

Nothing found.

thank god i'm done with that, but now i have ponies and swag haunting my mind for the next few hours
Topic Starter
ztrot

Agnes wrote:

PONIES PONIES PONIES SWAG PONIES PONIES PONIES SWAG PONIES PONIES PONIES SWAG PONIES PONIES PONIES SWAG
Translation: This mod will be mostly suggestions. Just take whatever you see fit and whatnot.

[General]
SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG-- I mean... ...u-uh... Y-Yeah, let's get down to business, swag.
  1. Unsnapped inherited points in all difficulties. Just fix those up.
  2. Where's approachcircle.png? fixed
  3. Why not name DC's Easy to DC's Swag?
fixed

[DC's Easy]

01:32:028 (1) - You should totally make this into a type of sliderart. It looked boring imo.

[Normal]

00:35:028 (3,4,5) - Make these into a return slider? fixed

[MoonSwag's Swag]

00:58:028 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - The shape of this formation looked a bit distasteful...
01:00:028 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - ^
Same for 01:50:028 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - as well, actually. silly copypasta.

[Insane]

Nothing found.

thank god i'm done with that, but now i have ponies and swag haunting my mind for the next few hours
Lilac
[General]
Goddamnit, actually snap the kiai times and green lines right on the song.
Tags - Consider adding "DC" to all of your tags.
Skin Dimensions comboburst.png's dimensions must not be larger than 500x767 (currently 550x600).(currently 532x600). (currently 540x600). (currently 524x600). Straight off AIBat, I guess.

Also, think of putting another kiai time at the end?

[DC's]
00:27:528 (2,1) - Is the spacing intentional like that? It's not great, either way.
00:43:528 (2,1) - Same.
02:23:528 (2,1) - Same.
02:39:528 (2,1) - One more.

[Normal]
This Normal feels really hard for me.

02:52:028 (1) - Symmetry.

[Moonshade]
This difficulty could use with a little more work. I might post more on this later...
Shiirn
General
you got a skin, you need sliderborders blah blah blah
All of your combobursts are over 500pixels tall. Oh well.
Yo kiai ain' snapped bro, fix eet

DC
Nothing

Normal
00:40:028 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - drop this entire combo a few grids.

Moonshade
No real note problems, but the spacing of some notes is very unintuitive.

Insane
00:46:778 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - i hate combos like this (Stream that suddenly has stacks rather than regularly placed notes)
no other issues than that repeating a lot. I liked it.
tomol6
SWAG YEAH
Shiirn
magical stuff done behind the scenes that also included ztrot suplexing the video so hard it went home crying to its mommy

NotShinta
Hello, my name is NotShinta and today I feel like being an assertive meanie by modding a decent bubble instead of getting to requests. Some words will be replaced with 'pony' and pony references because that's basically just what the song does.

General:
--- For consistency and because it fits, you might want to kiai up that last chorus on all difficulties.
--- Do you not have a custom finish pony in your library? Using the default one just really sounds quite awful without the default hitnormal as well.
--- May I ask what, exactly, was wrong with the video? Other than the size, which probably couldn't have been decreased, I thought it was quite a good accompaniment to the map without being too pony or disgusting. In fact the song almost seems made for the video
--- I'm not sure why MS and DC have their difficulties as "swag" while none of the other difficulties follow a swagga theme, and it would seem to make more pony to describe the obvious difficulties in the title, but okay whatever
--- Combo colour 3 very much blends in with the big massive "PONY SWAG" in the background a bit much. It can sometimes not look good and play tricks on the eyes. Might want to contrast it up a bit more. I mean, if you want to, that is.
--- LASTLY, you might have had this pointed out to you before, probably by me and my silliness, but the (feat. Maros) should arguably go in the artist. This is because, as someone put it, Swagberg did not make a song called "Pony Swag (feat. Maros)", but made a song called "Pony Swag" featuring Maros. Your current method would make sense for iPony grouping and things but isn't necessary in osu!, but I guess both are okay anyway.

RC's* Easy
-- 01:06:028 (1) - I think these patterns, and ones in the other chorus, would look and flow better without the new combos, despite them still following the "ponies" chant as they currently are.[/color]
- 01:21:528 (2) - If you want to be avoiding HP pony overlaps for some silly reason, here's one that could be avoided.
--- HP bar overlaps and new combos.Some top quality modding on this map, obviously.

Normal:
- 00:40:278 (2) - To break the flow of the previous combo (in a refreshing, Normal-appropriate way), think about removing this hitcircle. And fixing spacing, of course, but you know that.
- 00:55:528 (1) - Is this hitcircle necessary? Especially with it's placement low down on the grid, it could be hard to notice or hit immediately for a Normal following a spinner.
- 02:54:028 (1) - Is there any particular reason why this does not follow the symmetry of 02:52:028 (1), like in previous chorus?

NightmareMoonShade's Hard:
-- Some of the spacing seems noticably inconsistent for the sake of it and difficulty (e.g. 00:40:528 (2,3,4), 01:19:028 (4)), as it doesn't add much, but this difficulty is very good.
- 00:46:028 (6) - I think this is a bit needlessly mean, being arguably hidden under a previous slider start. I am all for the jump though, so maybe move it to around here.
- 02:26:778 (4,5,6) - You pony want to move this a grid3 to the right, love. It makes the pattern look a lot less uneven that way.

Insane:
--- I hope this puush from May sums up my general feelings about this difficulty. Oh yeah 20% cooler 10 seconds flat yay the fun has been doubled or something

I'm sorry I accidentally made my General bit a wall of text. It's probably a clusterfuck that probably fucked us up. Very nice map, I'm so tired I can't even remember why I started modding it though, so I'll happily rebubble if need be. The song's ironic encouragement of killing oneself upon saying ponies are not awesome disturbs me though

*(not a combination of RJ and DC, for better or worse)
MoonShade

Agnes wrote:

00:58:028 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - The shape of this formation looked a bit distasteful... ~ It generally should look like this, I changed (5) though so the spacing is consistent in this kind of wild pattern

NotShinta wrote:

General:
--- I'm not sure why MS and DC have their difficulties as "swag" while none of the other difficulties follow a swagga theme, and it would seem to make more pony to describe the obvious difficulties in the title, but okay whatever ~ For me, it doesn't really matter how the diff is named, so do as you like ztrot.

NightmareMoonShade's Hard: ~ hope it was no nightmare though :3
-- Some of the spacing seems noticably inconsistent for the sake of it and difficulty (e.g. 00:40:528 (2,3,4), 01:19:028 (4)), as it doesn't add much, but this difficulty is very good. ~ Hm I don't quite get this, so everything is ok with the spacing in those parts you pointed out here? I know there are inconsistent but I tried this out and think despite that (or because of that) the map is often fluent and as you said, has a nice difficulty.
- 00:46:028 (6) - I think this is a bit needlessly mean, being arguably hidden under a previous slider start. I am all for the jump though, so maybe move it to around here.
~ http://puu.sh/dqQZ
- 02:26:778 (4,5,6) - You pony want to move this a grid3 to the right, love. It makes the pattern look a lot less uneven that way. ~ yes, sir!
thx for your mod :3

Download: Swagberg - Pony Swag (feat. Maros) (ztrot) [MoonShade's Swag].osu
Topic Starter
ztrot

NotShinta wrote:

Hello, my name is NotShinta and today I feel like being an assertive meanie by modding a decent bubble instead of getting to requests. Some words will be replaced with 'pony' and pony references because that's basically just what the song does.

General:
--- For consistency and because it fits, you might want to kiai up that last chorus on all difficulties.
--- Do you not have a custom finish pony in your library? Using the default one just really sounds quite awful without the default hitnormal as well.
--- May I ask what, exactly, was wrong with the video? Other than the size, which probably couldn't have been decreased, I thought it was quite a good accompaniment to the map without being too pony or disgusting. In fact the song almost seems made for the video I was hoping somepony would ask, it seems when swagberg mad the officlal video he cut out a part of his song the video fits all up to the last chours then fails so that is whay that was removed.
--- I'm not sure why MS and DC have their difficulties as "swag" while none of the other difficulties follow a swagga theme, and it would seem to make more pony to describe the obvious difficulties in the title, but okay whatever
--- Combo colour 3 very much blends in with the big massive "PONY SWAG" in the background a bit much. It can sometimes not look good and play tricks on the eyes. Might want to contrast it up a bit more. I mean, if you want to, that is. uhhh nope.
--- LASTLY, you might have had this pointed out to you before, probably by me and my silliness, but the (feat. Maros) should arguably go in the artist. This is because, as someone put it, Swagberg did not make a song called "Pony Swag (feat. Maros)", but made a song called "Pony Swag" featuring Maros. Your current method would make sense for iPony grouping and things but isn't necessary in osu!, but I guess both are okay anyway.

RC's* Easy
-- 01:06:028 (1) - I think these patterns, and ones in the other chorus, would look and flow better without the new combos, despite them still following the "ponies" chant as they currently are.[/color]
- 01:21:528 (2) - If you want to be avoiding HP pony overlaps for some silly reason, here's one that could be avoided.
--- HP bar overlaps and new combos.Some top quality modding on this map, obviously.

Normal:
- 00:40:278 (2) - To break the flow of the previous combo (in a refreshing, Normal-appropriate way), think about removing this hitcircle. And fixing spacing, of course, but you know that.
- 00:55:528 (1) - Is this hitcircle necessary? Especially with it's placement low down on the grid, it could be hard to notice or hit immediately for a Normal following a spinner.
- 02:54:028 (1) - Is there any particular reason why this does not follow the symmetry of 02:52:028 (1), like in previous chorus?

NightmareMoonShade's Hard:
-- Some of the spacing seems noticably inconsistent for the sake of it and difficulty (e.g. 00:40:528 (2,3,4), 01:19:028 (4)), as it doesn't add much, but this difficulty is very good.
- 02:26:778 (4,5,6) - You pony want to move this a grid3 to the right, love. It makes the pattern look a lot less uneven that way.

Insane:
--- I hope this puush from May sums up my general feelings about this difficulty. Oh yeah 20% cooler 10 seconds flat yay the fun has been doubled or something

I'm sorry I accidentally made my General bit a wall of text. It's probably a clusterfuck that probably fucked us up. Very nice map, I'm so tired I can't even remember why I started modding it though, so I'll happily rebubble if need be. The song's ironic encouragement of killing oneself upon saying ponies are not awesome disturbs me though

*(not a combination of RJ and DC, for better or worse)
to be frank I'm not sure if this mod was even serious

double edit moonshade I like your diff as is and on top of that the diff you have there has a lot of things I had to fix to get the bubble not fixed so not gonna use it if that is okay.
Topic Starter
ztrot
And now I wait for my rebubble when ever that is.
NotShinta
Sorry about that, there. Wasn't quite a good night excuses excuses. Rebubbled!
Gonzvlo
[General]
  1. Artist/Title: As Shinta stated, you need to move "(feat. Maros)" to the Artist field.
[DC's Swag]
  1. 02:03:653 - Drag this break to 02:04:028 - (Just like the previous one)
That's pretty much all, let me know when you're ready!
Topic Starter
ztrot
this is the way the artist has the mp3 named so I don't see a reason to change it

will get the break tho. Edit it won't let me pull that far so yeah not sure what to do about that.
Gonzvlo
Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh.

Ranked.

show more