forum

The All-American Rejects - Gives You Hell

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
foulcoon
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, November 27, 2008 at 2:43:21 AM

Artist: The All-American Rejects
Title: Gives You Hell
BPM: 100
Filesize: 3279kb
Play Time: 03:23
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.54 stars, 429 notes)
  2. Normal (3.71 stars, 232 notes)
Download: The All-American Rejects - Gives You Hell
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Super annoying song, get out of my head plz

Took awps awpset of 3325, seems to work well.
Seibei4211
Try 3,326 offset.

00:23:42 (6) - I think this sounds a little better a tick to the left, but that feels early, too. It's a weird beat... Just pointing it out for future mods.
00:43:23 (7) - This one feels like it should be a tick to the right, but that depends on if you're syncing to the L or the Ove.

Spacing looks good, BPM sounds right. Those two things just need a second opinion though. They're wonky. :/
Topic Starter
foulcoon

Seibei4211 wrote:

Try 3,326 offset. fix'd

00:23:42 (6) - I think this sounds a little better a tick to the left, but that feels early, too. It's a weird beat... Just pointing it out for future mods. eh, stays the same for now

00:43:23 (7) - This one feels like it should be a tick to the right, but that depends on if you're syncing to the L or the Ove.moved a tick to the right, sounds better imo too

Spacing looks good, BPM sounds right. Those two things just need a second opinion though. They're wonky. :/
Thanks for modding.
Wizard Of Orz
Normal:
00:27:026 i think that slider is useless and doesnt really add a custom rythym
02:12:780 this endpoint of the slider is too close to 3
02:34:230 sorta seems like a big gap between 1 and 2
02:57:330 i love big finish endings too but with these new laws you cant D:

Hard:
00:42:330 add a note here
01:20:430 too far from 4 >:o
01:46:860 i really think 1~6 should be a soft sample set
03:22:860 pretty close for a white tick to red tick beats

Overal the spacing in hard is sorta stable but at choruses the spacing just seems to follow a pattern so im not really gonna nag you on that
Topic Starter
foulcoon

supergarlic wrote:

Normal:
00:27:026 i think that slider is useless and doesnt really add a custom rythym [mapped to lyrics zzzzzz]
02:12:780 this endpoint of the slider is too close to 3 [not really]
02:34:230 sorta seems like a big gap between 1 and 2 [fix'd]
02:57:330 i love big finish endings too but with these new laws you cant D: [maybe? ;S its grid snapped same spacing but if a BAT shuts it down then ill change it]

Hard:
00:42:330 add a note here [theres.... already.... a note... here?....]
01:20:430 too far from 4 >:o [for one, this is a 6.... and its not too far from 5 either]
01:46:860 i really think 1~6 should be a soft sample set [changed]
03:22:860 pretty close for a white tick to red tick beats [these are grid snapped, and even with it off they don't move a significant distance from each other]

Overal the spacing in hard is sorta stable but at choruses the spacing just seems to follow a pattern so im not really gonna nag you on that
Thanks for modding.

P.S - Try to get some accurate times in the map, most of these are like :004 off of the beat, which is really irritating.
Larto
Somehow.. something about the timing sections is weird.
For example the timing section at 00:40:530. It isn't exactly placed on the white stack. I suggest, you look at every timing section again and make sure that they all end the same as your first Offset, for example when your first Offset is:
11:11:116, every Offset should end with xx:xx:xx6.

I'm a big faggot.

The BPM seems right.
For the very first Offset, I suggest: 3.300

About the mapping itself:

Normal:
02:58:530 (7): A bit too far away from (6) imho. Change plz D:

Hard:
00:43:230 (7): A bit too far away from (6) imho. Change plz D:
00:48:930 (8): Needed? Sync's to nothing, actually...
00:51:330 (4): I'd make this a new combo, but that's optional.

YOU GET A LARTO STAR =D=D=D=D==D==DD==DDD
Topic Starter
foulcoon

Larto wrote:

Somehow.. something about the timing sections is weird.
For example the timing section at 00:40:530. It isn't exactly placed on the white stack. I suggest, you look at every timing section again and make sure that they all end the same as your first Offset, for example when your first Offset is:
11:11:116, every Offset should end with xx:xx:xx6.

I'm a big faggot.
[if you say so]
The BPM seems right.
For the very first Offset, I suggest: 3.300 [I'll check this later on my PC, remains the same for now]

About the mapping itself:

Normal:
02:58:530 (7): A bit too far away from (6) imho. Change plz D: [fix'd]

Hard:
00:43:230 (7): A bit too far away from (6) imho. Change plz D: [fix'd]
00:48:930 (8): Needed? Sync's to nothing, actually... [sounds kinda empty without imo...?]
00:51:330 (4): I'd make this a new combo, but that's optional. [changed]

YOU GET A LARTO STAR =D=D=D=D==D==DD==DDD [oh not this shit again.... *throws it in the trash*]
Thanks for modding, FOO!
m980
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
foulcoon
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
Topic Starter
foulcoon
fix'd.

in b4 "dag, yo".
Mogsy
Very minor problems.

Normal:
-00:50:420 (1) - Remove the new combo mark.
-00:51:320 (4) - New combo mark.

Starred because I feel like starring, but the errors on this are minor. Fix and I'll bubble.
awp
Timing was probably my only gripe because I'm pretty cool with it now. I think more could be done in sections when it follows vocals too much, but this map is playable and let's not ruin a good thing~
Topic Starter
foulcoon

Mogsworth wrote:

Very minor problems.

Normal:
-00:50:420 (1) - Remove the new combo mark.
-00:51:320 (4) - New combo mark.

Starred because I feel like starring, but the errors on this are minor. Fix and I'll bubble.
fix'd.
James
offset feels 8-16ms early. thats all.
Topic Starter
foulcoon

James wrote:

edit: peppy says 3330ish. Changed.
Topic Starter
foulcoon
If any BAT intends to mod this, please try offsets around 3312, and 3330. Listen to how the rest of the song lines up, not just the first beat, since this seems a bit off from the rest.
awp

awp wrote:

Hard's timing is correct, but Normal's isn't? 3320.
NO, BAD

James wrote:

YES, GOOD

idk maybe it was me fixing my internal offset, maybe I was sleepy at the time, but I hear 3325 now. And I'm happy with 3325.
awp
fix tinker fix review bubble
Loginer
BPM: Good.

Normal: Good.

Hard: Good.

And considering no one else is complaining about anything... Ranked. :D
show more