forum

[Suggestion]7/4, 5/4 etc. beats

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ignorethis
Yes, there seems to be a lot of music whose beats do not fit normal 3/4 or 4/4 beats, like Giza Plains from Final Fantasy XII(5/4+6/4), Bowser's Castle Theme from M&L: Supestar Saga(7/4), and U.N. Owen was Her?(Beginning uses 5/4).If you use normal beats, stanzas become messed up. So can you consider adding the above beats(along with 12/8, 6/8 etc)into the editor? Thank you.
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
also 3/8 ~= 3/4. you can double/half the bpm or whatever to make up for that if you must.

i also don't see the need for these.
ash
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
3/8 [is roughly the same as] 3/4
Topic Starter
ignorethis

peppy wrote:

also 3/8 ~= 3/4. you can double/half the bpm or whatever to make up for that if you must.

i also don't see the need for these.
Did I refer to 3/8 in my post? Well, as far as I know, there is no piece that uses 3/8 beats. (Even in piano scores)

But as post #2 have said, you may set up a small setting that turns off the "first beat" sound, so we can adjust BPM without the disturbing of that special sound, if you don't want to add these beats.

Echo

ignorethis wrote:

Well, as far as I know, there is no piece that uses 3/8 beats. (Even in piano scores)
You obviously don't read enough music scores. 4/4, 3/4, 3/8, 6/8, 2/4, 2/2 are like the most common time signatures?

btw http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_works_in_unusual_time_signatures 0.666/4 lol
Topic Starter
ignorethis

Echo wrote:

ignorethis wrote:

Well, as far as I know, there is no piece that uses 3/8 beats. (Even in piano scores)
You obviously don't read enough music scores. 4/4, 3/4, 3/8, 6/8, 2/4, 2/2 are like the most common time signatures?

btw http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_works_in_unusual_time_signatures 0.666/4 lol
Ah, it seems that it's my fault.

But I rarely see any scores that uses the above time signatures in piano scores. Are they often seen in other pieces?

[seems to be a little off-topic]
Echo
4/4, 3/4, 3/8, 6/8, 2/4, 2/2 are very common.

also
4/4 = C
2/2 = C with a vertical line through it