forum

Tarou - Danjo

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FurukawaPan
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 2009年04月02日 (木) at 18:17:55

Artist: Tarou
Title: Danjo
Source: NicoNicoDouga
Tags: danjo nico douga kaito meiko kagamine ren rin hatsune miku
BPM: 154
Filesize: 7055kb
Play Time: 02:04
Difficulties Available:
  1. DJPop's Insane (5 stars, 483 notes)
  2. Easy (1.8 stars, 83 notes)
  3. Hard (4.83 stars, 261 notes)
  4. Normal (3.48 stars, 178 notes)
Download: Tarou - Danjo
Download: Tarou - Danjo (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
The Danjo video from NicoNicoDouga!!

Thank you to everyone for their tips, advice, and corrections while I made this thing. I hope you all have fun with my map.

BG Image and Video both now available.

(01/25/09) - Updated hitsounds on Easy and Normal (and a few on Hard) to go better with the music.

(02/06/09) - Tags and source fields updated.

(02/07/09) - Added DJPop's Insane.

(02/14/09) - Changed artist *back* to Tarou. (see history in thread for timeline of Artist changes)

(03/06/09) and (03/19/09) and (04/02/09) - Tweaks to SFX and positioning (flyboy87 and Gens)

(03/27/09) and (03/28/09) - Spacing and Kiai modifications (MetalMario201 and Zerostarry)
Topic Starter
FurukawaPan
Just found that this song has already been done.
http://osu.ppy.sh/?p=beatmap&s=1958

It's got a very different flavour though with donkey kong and metal gear references.. one of the numerous internet variants available.
I'm thinking I'll probably continue with my version anyway, just for the fun of it, and we'll see where this goes. I wanted to keep this beatmap 'variant free' due to how many versions of this exist (meme status after all). Besides, mine's got a MUCH better MP3 File :P
mm201
I've nazied the spacing with him IRL (james039 is my bro. I hooked him on the game! :D), so his next upload should be spaced fine up to how far it's been mapped.

There shouldn't be any problems getting this ranked, since it's quite different from the other one. More similar songs have been ranked. :)

Cool song! Looking forward to its completion. Maybe set artist as NicoNicoDouga for consistency with other maps?
Topic Starter
FurukawaPan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
vytalibus
Saw this map on the list and quickly remembered about my version. A source on YouTube mentions the artist being "Tarou", since NicoNicoDouga is actually a Japanese YouTube site. Apparently he coupled it with other compilations of this song.

But yeah, nowadays people think "NicoNicoDouga" is really an artist; hence the appearance of that name on other maps. I think you can proceed with that. I hope your map's better than mine!

Download: xi-on - Mysterious Mountain (OnosakiHito) [Nold's Insane].osu
Krystal-n
I love this song!

Personally for this map I think the part at 1:46 on Normal was a bit too intense for that difficulty. It felt pretty out of place compared to the rest of the map.

Also, I'm not sure if this was intentionally overlooked, but the first time 'sensei' says "danshi joshi danshi joshi" on both Normal and hard the colours are switched around (ie. pink blue pink blue). But the second time they're correct...? I'm assuming you're trying to use the colours to represent female and male so I'm sorry if it's not something you overlooked!

(I also like how you used the original video featuring BaKaito and HetaLen, hehe)
Topic Starter
FurukawaPan
Thank you for catching the reversal of the colors. Yes, I am associating blue with (dan) and pink with (jo). When I change things in the map it has on several occasions flipped my colors and I had to rework the combos to get it back. This happens so easily, so if any of you spot some more reversed dan/jo coloring, please let me know. Certain sections that don't follow the lyrics will not conform to this coloring, so no need to worry there.

I've made the end of normal easier to stay in line with the difficulty of the rest of the map. I will bring back a similar challenge, but maybe a bit harder for the ending to Hard. :D
HishoHiro
Close to the end of Hard Mode, there aren't any beats... Was this on purpose? Or is it just not finished...?

Anyways, I like the beatmap, and the song is definitely of better quality. I also liked how you used a more traditional video. This one is still my favorite though : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5XsMYzJNsg :P
Topic Starter
FurukawaPan
Just not finished yet. I copied some of those beats from my former too hard (normal), and intend somehow to blend them into when I map the 2nd half.
Topic Starter
FurukawaPan
It's all done! ^___^ 8-)

Please check it out!

(Bumpity bump bump bump)
Real1
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
DJPop
This song is fun and everything seems fine.
I hope this song ranked soon =D
Zerostarry
I like.

Just take out the ninja spinners, please.
Topic Starter
FurukawaPan
done.

I nerfed the first few, and replaced a later one with some tight sliders and a hit-note. It sounds *awesome* (and it is appropriate to the hard difficulty as well).
blissfulyoshi
Easy
(1:04:458, 2) This beat is not snapped to any words

Hard
After the break, there were many notes not were not snapped to the words like your earlier half. Not sure if you want to keep the song that way.

That is all I noticed. Sorry if I was not helpful enough.
Topic Starter
FurukawaPan
DJPop
Hard: I've a bit feel lack with the rhythm, looks like there are many sounds you didn't place notes on.

Can I make Insane? :)

Don't forget to add tags:
danjo nico douga kaito meiko kagamine ren rin hatsune miku
Topic Starter
FurukawaPan
omg please do. I would appreciate the DJPop >bump<
(Colbert reference) 8-)
DJPop
Topic Starter
FurukawaPan
For some reason when I put your clap sound in, the map isn't using it??

Also, I wonder about the parts where you track the vocals even though it isn't really singing, but, talking...? Maybe it's not a good idea, but I'd like a mod's opinion on this first.

I have added your files to the map. I hope a mod can post whether this is fine. Other than mapping the guy talking, I am happy with the rest of it, it sounds very good!
show more