forum

Easy mode idea - track

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Dranoel

I was thinking of having a "track" mode for easy, as shown crudely above. It shows the path from beat to beat, when to strike for a 300, perhaps could instead show a range (going from 50 to 100 to 300 to 100 to 50) instead of a dot for when to hit. Sliders should be shown differently, which I don't have in this mock up. Spinners should be something else too, maybe just gigantic arrows pointing both ways on the spinner. Track ball should also have an arrow that points the direction of the next beat.

This mode would not make hard songs easier by much. Instead, I think it will serve as a tool to help newbies at the game. I recommend a multiplier over .50 at least.
mattyu007
There are things like timing circles that tell you when to hit a beat to get a 300, also if the spacing is really large, there are guide dots that lead you to wherever the next beat is...

TheDutchman
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
adamskii_uk

TheDutchman wrote:

or take the reverse of relax mode.
make the mouse use the auto-code, but the player has to hit the notes. that way you get to learn when to hit the notes.
I already suggested a game mode similar to this a few months back and it was rejected. However, my "Rhythm MOD" request didn't include the auto movement of the cursor, since the auto play mod didn't exist in Osu! then.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4250
YoshiKart
I support adam's mod now, because we don't really have a mod that is specifically the inverse of relax.