forum

Tablet play?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
garbanian
Well, i was planning on getting a tablet for use in my Web and Graphic design class, and this made me want it a little bit more.
Does anyone know of a low end, quality, tablet for graphic design and...well....this game =D
adamskii_uk
Anything by Wacom is generally good for gaming and graphic design. You could try the Wacom Volito 2, I've had mine for over two years and it still works very good. I don't use the tablet for playing Osu!, since I play with mouse, but the tablet works well for other games I have tried it on. :)
awp
The bamboo are pretty affordable (under 200 USD I believe) and work well for this. If you're a serious artist I'd recommend something like an Intuos3 though (they're about 300 some odd USD) - they're flexible, durable, and have some retardedly high level of pressure sensitivity - over 1000 different levels or something.
An64fan
Actually, I believe the Intuos has the same number of levels of sensitivity as the Bamboo... *checks* Nope. awp's right. Intuos has 1,024 levels of sensitivity, the Bamboo has only half that.

I haven't had my Bamboo very long (only got it on Friday), but it's absolutely amazing, and I definitely would recommend Wacom. Mine is a small Bamboo Fun, it's really, really nice. Screen's not a bad size (for drawing or playing osu!), it's nice and light, and it wasn't overly expensive. It has an active area of about 5.8"x3.7", the Medium size is around 6x8. My small Bamboo was only about $100, Medium is about double that. They had some Intuos tablets where I went (which was Future Shop, btw), which were around $300-ish, as I recall.

http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/
^ Wacom's site, you can check out all their stuff there. I was digging through there a lot before getting my tablet. They have some estimated prices as well, though I can't say how right they all are. Definitely, feedback from others who have used tablets before is a good thing as well. I can't tell you a lot about any other brands, though, unfortunately, though my experience with Wacom so far is all good. :D
YoshiKart

An64fan wrote:

Actually, I believe the Intuos has the same number of levels of sensitivity as the Bamboo... *checks* Nope. awp's right. Intuos has 1,024 levels of sensitivity, the Bamboo has only half that.

I haven't had my Bamboo very long (only got it on Friday), but it's absolutely amazing, and I definitely would recommend Wacom. Mine is a small Bamboo Fun, it's really, really nice. Screen's not a bad size (for drawing or playing osu!), it's nice and light, and it wasn't overly expensive. It has an active area of about 5.8"x3.7", the Medium size is around 6x8. My small Bamboo was only about $100, Medium is about double that. They had some Intuos tablets where I went (which was Future Shop, btw), which were around $300-ish, as I recall.

http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/
^ Wacom's site, you can check out all their stuff there. I was digging through there a lot before getting my tablet. They have some estimated prices as well, though I can't say how right they all are. Definitely, feedback from others who have used tablets before is a good thing as well. I can't tell you a lot about any other brands, though, unfortunately, though my experience with Wacom so far is all good. :D
And whatever you do, buy a tablet on Amazon. I got my Bamboo Fun medium for about $160. :)
foulcoon
If you're going for a tablet for osu, get a regular bamboo, small. imo, smaller the area, the easier it is to play. If you're a serious artist I wouldn't settle for a bamboo, though.