forum

A few "Edit Menu" Things...

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Gens
It would be cool if they add these to the menu:

-Place on Center*
-Rotate...**
-Place on Corner Left-Up***
-Place on Corner Right-Up***
-Place on Corner Right-Down***
-Place on Corner Left-Down***
-Flip Horizontally on the Same Place
-Flip Vertically on the Same Place

:)

*I know It's easy to place it on center, but what if I select a bunch of beats?
**Customized rotation. 45°, 50°, 20°, 160°, etc. I know that it won't be snapped, but still, it would be cool.
***All of these should be grouped.
Topic Starter
Gens
@Bump:

More!

Align on Center (Vertically)
Align on Center (Horizontally)
Regulate Space on Stage (Vertically)
Regulate Space on Stage (Horizontally)
Align on Top
Align on Bottom
Align on Left
Align on Right

Hey, I know these are too much, so don't pay attention to these. I want more from the first post.

Those who know Macromedia Flash, will know about this. So this idea isn't so creative.
mattyu007
Useless, I think - You can just move the beats manually :|
An64fan
I have a couple edit mode suggestions as well.

First is the ability to create a path which beats can snap along, and possibly create sliders along as well. Would definitely be nice. Especially if you're trying to keep accurate and not having grid snap on so that you can get perfect spacing. Straight lines are hard without grid snap. And this would probably also be good for those who aren't that good at shaping their sliders nicely. It could be that you could create a path from one point to another, or that you could draw a curve. And possibly have something on one of the timelines to show when a particular path that has been drawn will be visible on the editor. Placing beats, they could snap to the path similarly as to how beats would snap to the grid. Of course, they wouldn't have an effect when playing a map, but I think it would be really awesome when it comes to the actual mapping.

The other suggestion of mine would be to maybe make it so you can compare the timelines between the different difficulties of a map at the same time. It gets REALLY annoying opening back and forth between difficulties as I'm checking timings and hit sounds and all that. To be able to even just pull out the timelines for all the difficulties at once and check at one and then quickly check at the other afterwards, for timing and hit sounds, I think that would be awesome. I tend to spend a lot of time when working on maps just switching back and forth to check, double-check, triple-check my hit sounds between them, so something like this would be really handy.

I can put more details in for these ideas if it's needed. :)

(Of Gens suggestions, I DO think that more precise rotation of sliders or sets of beats would be pretty nice as well.)
James
just manually move it
Echo
I've wanted rotate by x degrees for ages. Useful for orientating 3 sliders in a circle or something.
peppy

Echo wrote:

I've wanted rotate by x degrees for ages. Useful for orientating 3 sliders in a circle or something.
code it HAHAHAH yeah right
awp
Isn't it just a matter of performing several triganometric calculations and approximating the co-ordinates from there?
Echo
There must be sample code somewhere.
peppy
I was more thinking if you wanted this then you can code it, as there are higher piorities on my list. And as if you need sample code for that :<
CheeseWarlock
Rotate would be nice, but I wouldn't consider it all that important. The other things in the first post are easy enough to do manually. An64fan's first idea doesn't seem all that useful to me personally, and would likely encourage completely linear (and therefore often boring) beatmapping. As for the second idea, I once again fail to see the usefulness of it. Hitsounds don't really have to be consistent between difficulties. Though it would be nice to make consistency in timing between difficulties a bit easier to implement.