forum

Weird ranking in Taiko Mode [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rekka_zan
I played the song "Houkiboshi" in Taiko Mode. At first I got about 300k points and my rank was C. When I played it for the third time, my overall score (points, combo, accuracy) increased and I got above 400k points, but my rank decresed to D. And even stranger, the game put me on the highest score even though my rank is lower.

Larto
First: A better score doesn't mean a better Rank.
The Rank depends on you Accuracy. Your D has a worse Accuracy, but a greater combo, giving you more points.

Second: You aren't first on the song, these are the local scores.
The local scores are for your own PC. The global scores are from all around the world.

tl;dr:
1. A better score doesn't mean better rank
2. You may be #1 on Local scores, it's still possible that you suck on the global ones.
Topic Starter
rekka_zan
I know that it's a local score. They're all my own scores. I didn't mean to say that I am the best or something like that.

The game showed that my accuracy increased too, but I was still put on the highest score in my local score even though my rank was worse.

I tried playing Taiko Mode with other songs and this error didn't happed with all songs so I thought it may have something to do with the beatmap itself (or maybe it's conversion from Ouendan mode to Taiko mode). This song (The Key of Twilight) shows the right ranking.

peppy
The ranking on the score wheel is your ONLINE osu! mode ranking. This does not consider taiko, because it is not ranked.
Topic Starter
rekka_zan
So this means we can get higher score even though our accuracy is lower? I that's the case then I guess this is not a bug. But still, it feels kinda weird. Usually better accuracy = better score = better rank, but looks like it doesn't go that way with this game.

Oh well, if it's not a bug never mind then 8-)

Download: Linkin Park - Breaking The Habit (Slowmotion) [MoonShade's Normal].osu
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
rekka_zan

peppy wrote:

This is due to the current nature of scoring. If you are talking specifically about taiko mode, this scoring will change before it is rankable, but for osu! you can view the method of scoring here, which should explain why this happens.
Ah I see, thank you. Should've FAQed myself before asking 8-)
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.