forum

Amplified - Mr.Raindrop

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hyoketsu_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, March 03, 2011 at 12:18:16 AM

Artist: Amplified
Title: Mr.Raindrop
Source: Gintama ED2
Tags: amplified mr.raindrop raindrop gintama
BPM: 134.83
Filesize: 3858kb
Play Time: 01:44
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.63 stars, 85 notes)
  2. Hard (4.65 stars, 333 notes)
  3. Normal (2.4 stars, 138 notes)
  4. Normal+ (4.53 stars, 255 notes)
  5. Pasonia's Hard (4.78 stars, 361 notes)
Download: Amplified - Mr.Raindrop
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first beatmap. Any tips appreciated.

Update: Made some difficulty changes. Inverted a slider in Easy, also did a few circle placement changes. Changed some of the circles' appearance times and distances in Normal. Should be flowing even more smoothly now. Still waiting for any advice.

Update: Made slight adjustments to timing and offset, made a few placement changes in easy and almost completely redone normal with distance snapping.

Update: Added Hard difficulty.

Update: Normal: Added claps on 01:40:88 and 01:42:66

Hard: Added some claps in various places, removed the break @ 1:58:24 - ~02:00 and added some clap beats instead, removed the long sliders @02:01:80 & 02:08:92, also the break between them and added beat & short slider combos instead. Added clap sounds at the near end.

Update: Corrected many claps, which occured at wrong moments. Max SFX volume for the win~

Update: Changed the beat snap divisor to 1/8, the claps should be timed perfectly now. Though that makes the end of Hard kinda...Hard, so, uh...Beware! ^^

Update: Fixed some mistakes in all difficulties.

Update: Fixed some mistakes in Hard.

Update: Fixed some mistakes in Normal, redone Easy with distance snapping, added more hitsounds in all difficulties

Update: Added Pasonia's Hard, remapped Hard to 1/3, slightly adjusted the BPM.

Update: Fixed some stuff in Normal & Hard.

Update: Fixed some stuff in all difficulties.

Update: Changed the offset.

Update: Updated [Pasonia's Hard]

Update: Added more hitsounds, fixed some stuff. Thanks,tom800510 !

Many thanks to DawnII, Gladi & Pasonia for their help & advice.

Beatmap revived. Several changes, old [Hard] is now [Normal+], new [Hard] difficulty added.
Topic Starter
Hyoketsu_old
Bump...
Topic Starter
Hyoketsu_old
Uh... Another bump. No graveyard, thanks.
DawnII
Just a small adjustment to timing: 134.81 BPM/4,304 Offset. Resnap all notes after adjusting.

[Easy]
00:41:67 (6,7,8) - Separate these out a bit more, can be confusing.

[Normal]
Ok for Normal you'll want to use Distance Snap (on the right side of the editor). Pick up a note with distance snap on, and it will automatically insert a certain distance relative to the spacing on the timeline to the previous note. This keeps your beatmap intuitive and enjoyable.
Topic Starter
Hyoketsu_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
DawnII
If you hold the Alt key, you can adjust the distance by scrolling with the mouse wheel. Hope this helps!
Topic Starter
Hyoketsu_old
Uh, yes, I know that, it's just that you told me to use distance snapping so I though it was a must-do. If it isn't mandatory, then I have nothing to complain about...Going to start working on Hard soon.
DawnII
It is mandatory, unless you have experience spacing via your own judgement, and your map says otherwise.
Topic Starter
Hyoketsu_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Hyoketsu_old
DawnII
I like the use of clap hitsounds you use near the end. Very cool.

[Normal]
01:37:32 (1) - I think this sounds better with a finish instead.
01:44:44 (1) - Same.

Applies to Easy as well.

[Hard]
00:58:60 (5) - Shouldn't overlap with (4).
01:54:68 (1) - Finish sounds better again.

I think a few more hitsounds here and there are in order. Especially for the end of [Hard], I think some combination of claps would sound pretty neat.
Topic Starter
Hyoketsu_old
01:37:32 (1) - I think this sounds better with a finish instead. <- Done
01:44:44 (1) - Same. <- Done on both Easy and Normal.

Normal: Added claps on 01:40:88 and 01:42:66

Hard: Added some claps in various places, removed the break @ 1:58:24 - ~02:00 and added some clap beats instead, removed the long sliders @02:01:80 & 02:08:92, also the break between them and added beat & short slider combos instead. Added clap sounds at the near end.

Thanks for the tips.
GladiOol
Offset: ~4285, mabye 4290.

[Hard]
00:33:678 (2) - doesn't this sound cooler when beïng 1/4 earliër?
00:36:682 (6) - must be placed 1/4 later.
00:45:250 (1) - make it start 1/4 or 1/2 earliër.
00:49:256 (2) - wouldn't this look nicer when place a bit to the right?
00:58:157 (3) - move this a bit to the right.
00:58:380 (4) - ^
00:58:825 (6) - move this more up.
And fix the rest at that part with the correct spacing. ^

01:29:757 (1) - 1/4 earliër?
01:33:299 - 01:43:832 - you have to map this part on beatsnap 1/3. As you can hear the rhytm is a little bit off.
02:23:147 - 02:26:262 - this part is really weird.

Going to mod other dif's later, g2g now.
Good luck!
Topic Starter
Hyoketsu_old
GladiOol
Topic Starter
Hyoketsu_old
Pasonia
Will mark out according to importance.
Is it just me? But while trying to map another difficulty for this map, I accidentally found a BPM of 134.820 along the same offset. Feel free to use this as you deem fit, but I'll definitely be using this for my own custom gift map =3

Hard

00:34:77 (3) - badly spaced imo. Rearrange this beat according to any spacing that you have.
00:57:69 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - from this pattern, and in hindsight, MAYBE you didn't use beatspacing for this map. I can't be too sure but all signs up to now, point to yes. Anyway, remap this pattern, the rhythm can stay though the messiness of this chain is a definite no-no.
01:28:40 (1,2,3) - Spacing.
02:19:58 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -
VERY long chain of errors, unfortunately. Take the advice in red and beatspace your patterns.

If you want some quick tips:
1) When first mapping, stick to beatspacing as much as you can. Turn distance snap option on while mapping - it's to the right of the beatmap editor.
2) Smaller circles just means you're being a miser with points, like trying to get everyone to become myopic while playing your map. I know I got flak for doing that on my first few maps, so here's experience-talk. If you're into making your maps hard, making smaller circles is, to me right now, quite cheap-o. (whacks self)

Attached below is my map for your song - please do include it in, if there are errors I will fix it and upload again.

Download: Amplified - Mr.Raindrop (Hyoketsu) [Pasonia's Hard].osu
Topic Starter
Hyoketsu_old
Thanks a bunch, will be fixing stuff after a good night's sleep. Thanks for the new difficulty as well. I'll certainly put it in.
And ugh, what concerns beat spacing, I do use distance snap... The problem is, I forget the spacing I used previously when I work on my other maps. Then everything gets messed up. That's what I get for not doing everything in one go >.< I guess I'll just redo all the placement for the sake of consistency.

EDIT: Remapped Hard with 1/3 ticks, spacing is at 0,8. Damn, never thought, that everything's on 1/3, not only the claps >.> Will edit Easy & Normal a little bit later.
Pasonia
Topic Starter
Hyoketsu_old
show more