forum

Escape key doesn't work.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Behon
This is happening to me more and more often: When I run osu!, the Escape key wont't work when I try to pause or exit. Can this be looked into?
peppy
Does it work in other windows? Do you have photoshop open?
Topic Starter
Behon
Okay, I tried closing Photoshop and now it works. Is that a known problem?
peppy
64bit windows + photoshop cs2 or higher known bug. adobe won't fix it because they are gay. i get it every day at both home and work and it infuriates me to no end. There is one slight workaround I have found - when you aren't using photoshop, make sure you open a dialog window in it (like the "image size" one) while it is in the background. This way it won't steal escape.

This isn't an osu! bug as it affects all applications.
awp
Middle-clicking acts the same way as the escape key, doesn't it? That'd act as a workaround.
peppy
Not for menus/editor.
h1b1k11

peppy wrote:

64bit windows + photoshop cs2 or higher known bug. adobe won't fix it because they are gay. i get it every day at both home and work and it infuriates me to no end. There is one slight workaround I have found - when you aren't using photoshop, make sure you open a dialog window in it (like the "image size" one) while it is in the background. This way it won't steal escape.

This isn't an osu! bug as it affects all applications.
Dang it. I'm making my own skin and have to test it using osu! so I usually leave photoshop running in the back. Now I know why Esp key doesn't work, thanks.
Bara-
6 year old ;-;
Is there a need to bump it, just to say that you dislike it