forum

Ikimono Gakari - Blue Bird

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
machol30
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, January 31, 2010 at 10:41:33 AM

Artist: Ikimono Gakari
Title: Blue Bird
Source: Naruto Shippuuden
Tags: naruto shippuuden anime
BPM: 152
Filesize: 5651kb
Play Time: 02:19
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.56 stars, 225 notes)
  2. Insane (4.94 stars, 394 notes)
  3. Normal (3.51 stars, 83 notes)
  4. Special (4.89 stars, 278 notes)
Download: Ikimono Gakari - Blue Bird
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Special thanks to DaRRi MIx for bg image.
Special thanks to al2e10 for hitcircle.
Special thank to Alace for patterns at 02:32:85 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) in [Insane].

23/11/08 - Hard is pretty much done now, I think. Some of the parts I am still a bit unsatisfied with, but whatever.
6/12/08 - Remapped a small section of Hard, not sure I should do the same with the ending. Also, mapped Normal until break.
8/12/08 - Hard and Normal are now complete. I would like some opinions on them. Think I should bump difficulty names up a notch?
9/12/08 - Renamed Hard to Insane and Normal to Hard. All that is done with new Normal is difficulty settings.
10/12/08 - Completed and moved out of Help. king fixes.
13/12/08 - Small changes to Hard/Insane.
21/1/09 - Sorry, haven't worked on in a while, but made small changes in Hard. I honestly cannot find anything terribly wrong about timing, though. Working on the sounds now.
23/2/09 - Change of artist name.
25/2/09 - New sounds for Insane! :) Also, song set to new position as preview.
10/3/09 - More reworking of sounds for Insane; should be much better now, though some normal sliders with the whistles may be questionable (particular combos like 01:57:72 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7)). Also, awesome hitcircle by al2e10 added. :)
11/3/09 - Even more reworking of sounds for Insane. Big thanks to Dangaard for big help. :) Still only one or two uncertainties, crawling around here and there.
12/3/09 - Recropping of hitcircle. Rework of Hard sounds.
13/3/09 - Rework of Normal sounds. Should be good to go for rank (I hope?).
1/4/09 - Made some small SFG fixes.
4/4/09 - Hitcircle fits much better and made little changes in difficulty. Ready for ranks?
28/6/09 - Changed [Easy] back to [Normal]?
15/7/09 - Back to editing and fixing junk. I'm suprised by how much stuff I found, heh. Also, I really notice I'm still spamming finishes a bit, so I'm cutting back. Normal and Hard should have minimal error by now, so I'll polish them some more tomorrow (concerned especially with cleaning up sounds). Insane... Well, I haven't really did that one yet.
16/7/09 - Okay, Normal/Hard should [hopefully] be good now. Just need to patch up Insane now. Also, is Normal enough, or do you think I should make an Easy difficulty to go along?
18/7/09 - Made just a couple of changes to Normal/Hard and Insane was worked on today. Also, made a couple of happy fixes. Think this is rank-worthy yet? (especially putting the sounds and timing into consideration)
27/7/09 - Made some Mogsworth changes.
1/9/09 - Changed bgimage as well as combocolors (thanks, DaRRi MIx). Also, I changed a couple of things in each difficulty.
3/9/09 - Updated ending of Normal.
5/9/09 - Added Kiai time. Maybe it could be worked on some more? Also, I'm sort of now thinking to do an Easy difficulty.
6/9/09 - Finished mapping Insane.
9/9/09 - Darri fixes were made.
10/9/09 - Slight change in final spinner.
10/10/09 - More slight changes in [Hard] and in [Insane].
11/10/09 - Cleaned up even more things in [Hard] and in [Insane]. Also, there was something else I forgot to fix yesterday.
24/10/09 - Adopted to Alace's take on 02:32:85 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) in [Insane].
25/10/09 - Initial upload of [Special] (thank you happy and Alace for you advice! ^^ ). Also, little fixes made in Normal, Hard, and Insane.
23/1/10 - Small update for [Special].
31/1/10 - Two small changes made in [Special].
Hyperworm
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ayasato-chan
Would it be too much trouble to ask for an Easy version as well?
Topic Starter
machol30
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zephyra
HAHAHA great to see ur beatmap is completed. Congratz. I tried this beatmap and failed... oh well. U should at least give me credit for the bakground image cuz i made that one myself XP.

Zephyra
Topic Starter
machol30

Zephyra wrote:

HAHAHA great to see ur beatmap is completed. Congratz. I tried this beatmap and failed... oh well. U should at least give me credit for the bakground image cuz i made that one myself XP.

Zephyra
Oh, sorry, I didn't know. Well, thanks a bunch for the bg image. :) (gave credit in OP)

Also, moved out of Help to Pending.
kingcobra52
Normal

Just 1 complaint with sliders like 00:29:89 (2,3): Some of them are 1/2 beat apart while others are 1 whole beat apart. Think you can make them more obvious which ones are which? :D Fixed.

Hard

I sense copying/pasting, but otherwise, awesome difficulty!

Insane

Gotta admit, I'm getting use to your awkward spacings now. :D

Starred. Bubbled. :)
peppy
Not so impressed.

Where to start...

* Sound sample additions are shocking. its pain to my ears. ask me about this if you dont know what i'm talking about, but in general you have overused claps and finishes, and i feel there should be whistles in places there aren't. pain. not only are they overused, but places on the wrong beats in most places (except when you place them on the same beat of each bar, which sounds okay). the claps in the "aoi aoi ano sora" are especially bad. i expect there to be whistles here instead.

Hard:
01:52:38 (1,1,1) - i dunno about this. i think you're best following the same pattern as on insane.
overall this difficulty feels somewhere between normal and hard. you can probably make it follow the vocals a bit more if you want. it doesnt make me excited to play, put it that way.
02:07:19 (1) - same as insane, i dont liek this spinner.

Insane:
00:30:29 (4,5) - what is with this spacing? try turning on distance snap. jumps are fine between combos, but not in the same combo like this.
01:04:13 (1,2,3) - i know you are trying to make it more difficult but this doesn't really fit well.
01:34:43 (7,8,9) - too far for the jumps? ask cyclone or saturos or someone about these. i suck at osu! after all.
02:07:19 (1,1) - not a fan of these spinners. just dont feel like they should be there.

this map definitely feels lacking without whistles being used. i can help with the hit sample placement if you can't figure it out.

00:52:77 - this timing section is not in time. look on the timeline

bubble -> star. keep in mind a lot of what i have said is stylistic stuff. apart from the slight timing issues there isn't much wrong with this map. don't get demotivated :).

Edit: oops i missed normal because of my sorting on this pc >.> i'll get back to you about that!
Topic Starter
machol30
peppy

buraimaster1234 wrote:

peppy wrote:

00:52:77 - this timing section is not in time. look on the timeline
Yes, I know. The end of that last slider is slightly early, but I think it's close enough.
nah this one definitely needs to be fixed. it throws the timing of the rest of the map off. its actually wrong, which is why i mentioned it.

and yes the soft section samples are fine as i mentioned already :).
Zephyra
It might look like alot but keep tryin. Im sure u can get this ranked.

Zephyra
FurukawaPan
Don't lose hope burai, this map is really good. Seems most of the problems already mentioned have been addressed, so this should be looked at again.

Insane looks great, but I recommend reducing the drain a bit here. Something around 6 or 7.

Download: Kozato snow - Rengetsu Ouka (_Kiva) [Snowy].osu
kioukiou
kingcobra52
Mogsy
For artist, maybe seperate Ikimonogakari into Ikimono Gakari? I mean, we have two Ikimono Gakari maps (that I can think of off the top of my head) ranked, so why not? :P

My only complaint, actually, nice work.
Topic Starter
machol30

Mogsworth wrote:

For artist, maybe seperate Ikimonogakari into Ikimono Gakari? I mean, we have two Ikimono Gakari maps (that I can think of off the top of my head) ranked, so why not? :P
Done.

Reduced to star. I now agree with peppy. The sounds aren't too good; way over-misuse of claps, and not enough normal whistles. :( I'll get through with it, eventually. :(
Alace
Really love this map (dangaard gave me the link ^^)
Insane map is so coooool (I like those jumps)
One suggestion
Cancel the 3 2 1 Go countdow
Nharox
kingcobra52
Hmm...only area I dislike on insane w/ the hitsounds is at 01:00:88 (1,1,1) and the other places where this melody is. Try to get the whistle to play on the whole slider rather than part of it. Otherwise you get that 'ugly' whistle sound on sliders.

Other than that, it's fine. Get it ranked already. :P
peppy
I was pretty harsh on the hit sounds (and I haven't gotten around to helping as I said I would) so feel free to ignore my opinion on this map if it helps in getting it ranked.
show more