forum

Something you don't see everyday.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
MadWorld is an upcoming action video game for the Wii and because of the intended level of violence PlatinumGames is unsure of whether or not the game will be released in Japan, stating "In certain markets there are a lot of limitations on the amount of violence you can show, so we definitely have the Western market much more in mind".
PlatnumGames is a Japanese developer mind you.

As for the game itself it's being directed by the producer of the viewtiful joe/godhand games. Looks somewhat promising.

God hand was fun if you didn't try to button mash your way through. and viewiful joe...well...just pwned.

Download: Adrian Barba - Quiero gritar te amo (Ignacio) [Hard].osu
Pokebis
In Japan it would probably get a "Z" rating, which is the equivalent of ESRB's AO rating (18+ only).
But seriously, the most messed up things come from Japan. Including the video Luigihann removed from my post a bit ago. I can sort of understand why they won't though. I mean, if it won't sell much why waste money making it? I think it's a marketing decision rather than anything else. And besides, the hardcore enthusiasts in Japan will probably manage to "get" it anyways.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
I see it more as a marketing ploy to be honest.

They probably expect it to fail in america anyway since you cant advertise anything worth shit if it has violence

Zatoichi

lukewarmholiday wrote:

since you cant advertise anything worth shit if it has violence
Freedom of Speech sure is a bitch, aint it?
Atmey
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday

Atmey wrote:

God Hand wasn't all that great. it think it what caused Clover's demise.
Meh, depends on how you played it IMO.

Buttonmashing your way through trying to crawl past each level and using death to replenish health kinda ruined it.

It did cause clovers demise though, can't argue that.

It's pooling talent from Clover, RE team, and I think some DMC developers. From initial impressions it looks like its going to have a ton of finishers which arent always the most fun things to watch when you watch em everytime you get a good chain of attacks.

Freedom of Speech sure is a bitch, aint it?
No such thing. We get freedom of speech untill someone thinks what you say poses an immediate threat.

And im saying its hard to advertise an obscure M-AO rated game. especially since its developers have already proven they dont know how to appeal to the american market that well. Maybe someone will wrtie some shit about the game and stir up some controversey so they dont even have to try to advertise, like manhunt 2. due to the cartoonyness I doubt it though.
Pokebis
I'm willing to bet they'll advertise on sites like gamefaqs and gametrailers.
I don't think they'll have a problem with that. Plus, Sega is involved, and you know how they roll with the advertising.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Pokebis
Pretty much