forum

Pomplamoose - Mister Sandman

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SapphireGhost
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, September 29, 2012 at 4:07:56 PM

Artist: Pomplamoose
Title: Mister Sandman
Tags: Tribute to Famous People The Chordettes Ryan Lerman
BPM: 120
Filesize: 15685kb
Play Time: 02:07
Difficulties Available:
  1. Adorable (4.49 stars, 186 notes)
  2. Easy (1.39 stars, 97 notes)
  3. Normal (3.38 stars, 137 notes)
Download: Pomplamoose - Mister Sandman
Download: Pomplamoose - Mister Sandman (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
MAP 18 / RANK 10

I finally finished something in a reasonable amount of time.
Now let's get it ranked to celebrate!

Special thanks to Gonzvlo for his loving contribution.
Mara
Stop being good at this. Seriously. The only thing I found was;

[Normal]
01:47:745 - I feel like that this is missing a beat.

Not worth kudosu.
friendok
01:32:495 (4) - DISTANCE SNAP IT TO SOMEWHERE ELSE ITS ANNOYING ME

01:37:495 (2) - THAT ONE TOO

01:40:745 (4) - that one is ok but still annoying

i wasted 10minutes to only find that ffs and it's not even worth mentioning because it's personal taste
Krisom
Disclaimer:
-Typos ahead
-I didn't mod this technically, I rather mod your style.

General.-
· I like the fact that you dont use kiai. Good!
· I'd suggest using a cute and simple custom skin, but dont overdo it, or else you could make the graphics look forced. I think circle elements and spinner elements should be enough.
· Why don't you name all the difficulties by custom names?

Adroable.-
00:34:995 (1) - Heart could be better and you know it mister.
00:36:995 and so on until the break - Please dont murder a soft song with normal whistles. Be creative and add a custom normal-hitwhistle please. I know this hitsounding style was adapted from Larto maps (because I know how much you adore him and how he hitsounds), but please dont imitate him everywhere, I love him too, but normal-htwhistles dont fit everywhere!.
01:25:745 (2) - Soft Whistled sliderslide? Why?
01:29:995 (3,4) - Somehow, this flows and looks awkward. I like flow-breakers, but this one just doesnt seems to match the melody, the rhythm makes me feel that (4) should continue (3)'s direction and keep the flow imo. Oh, and (4) has a soft whistled sliderslide again, maybe it slipped through your radar, but if it didnt I'd like to know why it's there.
01:34:995 (1,2) - Normal whistles before the chorus fit even less that the ones at the chorus. If you'll keep the chorus ones at least remove these.
02:02:995 (1) - Adorable <3

Normal.-
Soft sliderwhistles and normal sliderwhistles, sliderwhistles everywhere.
00:34:995 (1) - I think these heart sliders are too "fat" at the bottom.
00:54:245 (2) - For a curve, it feels kinda edgy. Modify the sliderspeed a tad if needed, but make this look more curvy.
00:58:995 (1,2) - Looks a tad odd, and the flow breaking isnt that needed here imo. You could keep the flow break by underlapping part of (2)'s track under (1)'s end, make the shapes more different (and the angle of (2)'s direction too) or continue with (1)'s direction and making (2)'s body change it, not (1)'s sliderend/(2)'s sliderstart.
01:28:995 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - I've seen these before (at the start if I'm not mistaken), and I noticed it. Why not change the slider shapes a bit?
01:38:995 (1,2) - Same as 00:58:995 (1,2), but not as odd.
01:56:995 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - Seen these before to- Oh wait it's on the Adorable diff, then it's ok (and a nice way to keep consistency through diffs)
02:02:995 (1) - Normal <3

Easy.-
I'd be a bitch and mod the flow, but I know that with such long sliders it's hars to keep both flow and symmetry, so I'll be a bitch anyways and just point the one that bothered me the most:
00:46:995 (1,2) - I know (1) looks adorable with (1) from the previous combo, but the flow and looks of the combo alone is like uuuuughhhh!
02:02:995 (1) - Doesnt looks as adorable as the other diff ones. Also why dont you colorhax these to make them red?

Look at me being lazy and not modding Easy as hard as I modded the other diffs, huhurhurhuhruhruhru.
Topic Starter
SapphireGhost
Response to Krisomg

Krisom wrote:

Disclaimer:
-Typos ahead
-I didn't mod this technically, I rather mod your style.

General.-
· I like the fact that you dont use kiai. Good! Yai.
· I'd suggest using a cute and simple custom skin, but dont overdo it, or else you could make the graphics look forced. I think circle elements and spinner elements should be enough. Mmmaybe. I'll ask Gonzvloho, he's good at these things.
· Why don't you name all the difficulties by custom names? Because I am silly and it fits the theme of my other silly maps.

Adroable.-
00:34:995 (1) - Heart could be better and you know it mister. But it's my friend!
00:36:995 and so on until the break - Please dont murder a soft song with normal whistles. Be creative and add a custom normal-hitwhistle please. I know this hitsounding style was adapted from Larto maps (because I know how much you adore him and how he hitsounds), but please dont imitate him everywhere, I love him too, but normal-htwhistles dont fit everywhere!. Alright, trying a different one.
01:25:745 (2) - Soft Whistled sliderslide? Why? Because Gonzvlo smells. Fixed.
01:29:995 (3,4) - Somehow, this flows and looks awkward. I like flow-breakers, but this one just doesnt seems to match the melody, the rhythm makes me feel that (4) should continue (3)'s direction and keep the flow imo. Oh, and (4) has a soft whistled sliderslide again, maybe it slipped through your radar, but if it didnt I'd like to know why it's there. I sort of like it for now.
01:34:995 (1,2) - Normal whistles before the chorus fit even less that the ones at the chorus. If you'll keep the chorus ones at least remove these. Okay.
02:02:995 (1) - Adorable <3 ~

Normal.-
Soft sliderwhistles and normal sliderwhistles, sliderwhistles everywhere. I blame Larto.
00:34:995 (1) - I think these heart sliders are too "fat" at the bottom. NOU
00:54:245 (2) - For a curve, it feels kinda edgy. Modify the sliderspeed a tad if needed, but make this look more curvy. Alright.
00:58:995 (1,2) - Looks a tad odd, and the flow breaking isnt that needed here imo. You could keep the flow break by underlapping part of (2)'s track under (1)'s end, make the shapes more different (and the angle of (2)'s direction too) or continue with (1)'s direction and making (2)'s body change it, not (1)'s sliderend/(2)'s sliderstart. Changed somewhat.
01:28:995 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - I've seen these before (at the start if I'm not mistaken), and I noticed it. Why not change the slider shapes a bit? Too observant... fixed.
01:38:995 (1,2) - Same as 00:58:995 (1,2), but not as odd. Well yes, I like this one.
01:56:995 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - Seen these before to- Oh wait it's on the Adorable diff, then it's ok (and a nice way to keep consistency through diffs) Ohohoho.
02:02:995 (1) - Normal <3 ~

Easy.-
I'd be a bitch and mod the flow, but I know that with such long sliders it's hars to keep both flow and symmetry, so I'll be a bitch anyways and just point the one that bothered me the most:
00:46:995 (1,2) - I know (1) looks adorable with (1) from the previous combo, but the flow and looks of the combo alone is like uuuuughhhh! I'm sorryyy. Keeping this, sir.
02:02:995 (1) - Doesnt looks as adorable as the other diff ones. Also why dont you colorhax these to make them red? Because custom colours not decided yet. I'll fix this eventually.

Look at me being lazy and not modding Easy as hard as I modded the other diffs, huhurhurhuhruhruhru. Thank you anyways. Amazing stuff.
mancuso_JM_
I really missed Krisom's mods :P
Shohei Ohtani
One day I'll find out how to do that cool formatting thing for mods. . .

Sorry for the late mod, my computer broke + procrastination = unhappy CDFA :>~

Aderpable:
00:36:995 - Are the clap hitsounds after this supposed to keep a steady 2 + 4 beat? If so, then it's missing sometimes. You should totally fix that~

Nurmul:
01:10:995 (1) - Add clap at end of slider.

Ayzhay:
YOUR CLAPS ON 2 AND 4 THEY ARE NOT

Pretty cool stuff.
Low
This is so damn cute.

[Adorable]

00:26:995 (1) - Is this increased spacing intentional? It seems rather odd.

Also, I have another concern. The name of the album is "Tribute to Famous People," but under that album there's a "Mister Sandman (featuring Ryan Lerman)" song only. There's also another album called "the album you bought at our show (thanks for that)" which has a song called just "Mister Sandman." Which version is this?
Topic Starter
SapphireGhost
I heard this song when listening to it on a friend's iPhone. They had bought it from iTunes which listed the album as "Tribute to Famous People" and song title as "Mister Sandman", so it should be fine as is.

As for the spacing, it's so stuff lines up and doesn't violate Distance Snap too much, so I found it playable. Thanks for your concerns and modding!
Aurele
This map is cute.
Srsly.

OzzyOzrock
Low
I just realized that all of the songs in the album "Tribute to Famous People" are all covers of original songs.

So you should add "The Chordettes" into the tags, as they were the original performers of this song.
Low
Such a cute map. I'd rather not see this grave!

General

1. Consider adding custom combo colors. Players using the default skin will have the red combo color come up twice in a row which may be awkward looking.
Easy

1. Add +1 to the HP drain. 1, in my opinion, for any stat is much too easy.
  2. 00:16:995 (1,2) - I believe that this pattern could be made tidier and possible more symmetrical. An arrangement similar to this may work out well.
  3. 00:50:995 (1) - Flip this horizontally so that the endpoint curves towards the next circle. Makes for nice flow, really.
  4. 00:54:995 (1,2,1) - Even though the spacing in this pattern is technically correct, it struck me as a bit odd looking. Consider moving (2) closer to the end of (1) to avoid this.
  5. 01:42:495 (2) - Add a clap here. The hitsounds around this small area on the timeline seem to be a bit lacking compared to the rest of the map.
Normal

1. 00:17:995 (3) - Remove the whistle from the body of this slider. Self explanatory as to why.
  2. 00:24:995 (1) - A finish fits more than a whistle at the beginning of this slider.
  3. 00:41:995 (2) - Currently as this slider is, it has spacing that is too large. If you reversed it, it would follow the distance snap and flow feel more natural to play.
  4. 01:01:995 (2) - The finish at the beginning of this slider seems rather unfitting.
  5. 02:00:995 (1,2,3,4) - Jumps in a normal difficulty are not recommended.
Adorable

1. 00:10:995 (1) - Remove the whistle from the body of this slider.
  2. 00:25:995 (3) - ^
  3. 00:27:745 (2) - ^
  4. 00:30:245 (4) - ^
  5. 00:30:995 (1) - ^
  6. 00:31:745 (2) - ^
  7. 00:33:745 (2) - ^
  8. 01:30:745 (4) - Since it appears that you're following the vocals in this part of the map, this slider is the odd one out. It doesn't really follow the vocals as you've been doing it.
Hm. Since I've already gotten 2 kudosu from one silly thing, I don't think that you need to give me any more.
Topic Starter
SapphireGhost
response stuff

Jacob wrote:

Such a cute map. I'd rather not see this grave!

General

1. Consider adding custom combo colors. Players using the default skin will have the red combo color come up twice in a row which may be awkward looking.
Easy

1. Add +1 to the HP drain. 1, in my opinion, for any stat is much too easy. For the most part, yes. HP Drain is an exception, though, I never really like having it too high as I believe it doesn't really add anything to the map.
  2. 00:16:995 (1,2) - I believe that this pattern could be made tidier and possible more symmetrical. An arrangement similar to this may work out well. I think it's alright as it is currently, seeing how if I move it I'll have to change everything around it.
  3. 00:50:995 (1) - Flip this horizontally so that the endpoint curves towards the next circle. Makes for nice flow, really. Okay.
  4. 00:54:995 (1,2,1) - Even though the spacing in this pattern is technically correct, it struck me as a bit odd looking. Consider moving (2) closer to the end of (1) to avoid this. I see what you mean in the editor, but it looks fine for me in game.
  5. 01:42:495 (2) - Add a clap here. The hitsounds around this small area on the timeline seem to be a bit lacking compared to the rest of the map. True.
Normal

1. 00:17:995 (3) - Remove the whistle from the body of this slider. Self explanatory as to why. Yes.
  2. 00:24:995 (1) - A finish fits more than a whistle at the beginning of this slider. I agree.
  3. 00:41:995 (2) - Currently as this slider is, it has spacing that is too large. If you reversed it, it would follow the distance snap and flow feel more natural to play. 1.35x is okay, and if I reverse it then the next pattern will be far more off and require more changing.
  4. 01:01:995 (2) - The finish at the beginning of this slider seems rather unfitting. Why, yes it does.
  5. 02:00:995 (1,2,3,4) - Jumps in a normal difficulty are not recommended. I see your point, but otherwise it's quite hard to avoid making things look very ugly in the meantime.
Adorable

1. 00:10:995 (1) - Remove the whistle from the body of this slider. ok
  2. 00:25:995 (3) - ^ ok
  3. 00:27:745 (2) - ^ ok
  4. 00:30:245 (4) - ^ ok
  5. 00:30:995 (1) - ^ ok
  6. 00:31:745 (2) - ^ ok
  7. 00:33:745 (2) - ^ ok
  8. 01:30:745 (4) - Since it appears that you're following the vocals in this part of the map, this slider is the odd one out. It doesn't really follow the vocals as you've been doing it. But I like this one! Well, changed anyway because Krisomg said so too.
Hm. Since I've already gotten 2 kudosu from one silly thing, I don't think that you need to give me any more. I fixed this with magic BAT powers.
Gonzvlo

:cry:
Arroz
I heard this from a movie... i don't remember...

so...

Can i make a taiko dff for this map owo ??
Kiddo-Kun
Switched a tiny pattern around and SG changed somethings too. Now I declare this amazingly balanced map set, with well structured gameplay:

Good luck >w<
Topic Starter
SapphireGhost
To clarify, I didn't accept Yuuki's taiko difficulty over PM since the mapset was nearing a MAT check and I hadn't seen other taikos from the user. Sorry, hope to see more from you in the future. Lastly, thanks to Kiddo-Kun for the bubble and the image!
Low
hot.
Aurele
Rank this Sapph. :3!
show more