forum

Kenichi Tokoi - Mt. Red: A Symbol of Thrill

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheRagnarok
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, December 07, 2008 at 1:56:17 PM

Artist: Kenichi Tokoi
Title: Mt. Red: A Symbol of Thrill
Source: Sonic Adventure (DX)
Tags: Sonic Adventure Red Mountain Symbol
BPM: 138
Filesize: 2782kb
Play Time: 01:17
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.49 stars, 79 notes)
  2. Hard (4.4 stars, 176 notes)
  3. Insane (4.95 stars, 272 notes)
  4. Normal (3.24 stars, 97 notes)
Download: Kenichi Tokoi - Mt. Red: A Symbol of Thrill
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Stage Music from Sonic Adventure (DX); from the Red Mountain action stage.

I looked back at the music from this game a few years ago and found this one, remembering how utterly awesome it was. I hope everyone will enjoy this piece the same way I have ^_^

Edit: Made use of everything from K2J's Nov 26th post

Edit: Replaced image with one of the images K2J provided. Thanks a lot!

Edit: Replaced a few spinners with sliders on Easy.
Topic Starter
TheRagnarok
While this map is complete and ready to be taken apart, I actually need some assistance in two areas:

1) I have "enable countdown" checked off in the song set up menu, though it doesn't seem to actually happen. It's necessary, seeing as I have players jump directly into the song. Is there an option I'm not checking?

2) Does anyone have a good image relating the stage of the game for this map? I couldn't find one. If anything, I could upload a generic CD case cover image of the game...but it's kind of blue... :roll:
K2J
Use this MP3: Download: 01_Mt_Red_a_Symbol_of_Thrill_for_Red_Mountain.mp3 and add 3000 ms to your offsets, then remove the extra 2 seconds of osu!-added silence. I dunno why the editor-enabled seconds don't count for the countdown, but...

As for image, I'll get you one. Do you have a particular part of the mountain, or either particular character (Sonic / Knuckles) in mind?

EDIT: Such as this? http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h245/ ... untain.jpg

My settings are on highest rendering, but I don't exactly have a top-of-the-line graphics card, so a lot of the other shots (especially from riding on rockets) show the point of rendering in the distance. I think this one's the best-looking, though if you want a Knuckles one, I could get you that, too.

Download: Loona - Vamos A La Playa (Xeno32) [Collab].osu
Topic Starter
TheRagnarok
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
K2J
Topic Starter
TheRagnarok
Thanks for going out of your way to get these images K2J! I ended up going with your first one, and it is now the current background image for the map. Thanks again!
Kasada
Hah, I love this song. <3

Easy: Only thing here is that there are quite a few spinners for Easy. Might wanna tone it down.

Normal: Nothing wrong here.

Hard: Nothing wrong here either.

Insane: Nothing wrong here either!

You used hit sounds in each of your difficulties excellently and your note placement was great too. I also like how you mapped the harmony in the intro in each difficulty. This is top quality work, keep it up. :)
Topic Starter
TheRagnarok
Removed a few spinners as per Kasada's request
Sinistro
As in the last map of yours I modded, I confuse short spacing with inconsistent spacing (orz). Well, it seems this one's good to go, I think.
chan
Slight discrepancy in slider velocity being a bit faster than distance spacing in all difficulties, but it's not too out. Also close distance spacing in easy is actually kinda difficult.

I can rank this is you are ok with these issues.
Topic Starter
TheRagnarok
Hm, the way I see maps, I don't make a big deal about the differences between slider speeds and beat spacing. If I were a BAT on another map, I don't think I would point something like that out unless it really bugged me...so I would personally leave as is.

...And in my humble opinion, I don't think short distancing on easy is too bad either...though I'll likely the notion in mind.

In short, (while I may be biased >_>) I am fine with the things you pointed out.

Though you're the BAT, if you feel that these things need to be addressed, I will take the time to fix it

Download: Floxytek - Opera (lennox989).osb
chan
I'm ok with these for this map, maybe bigger discrepancies between slider velocity and distance spacing would be bad. Close distance spacing can be confusing, but I suspect that's mainly for people who are used to bigger distance spacing. Ranking.
K2J
Oh great, now everyone can see how badly my graphic card renders fog. :D

Congrats!