forum

Crescendo/Decrescendo Hit Sound Volumes

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Kasada
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gens
Pretty Useful! Timing Sections are a bit Hard to place... :D

Also, taking the opportunity, I ask:
I want Normal Beat Volume full, but whistle, 50%. Is it possible?
LuigiHann

Gens wrote:

Also, taking the opportunity, I ask:
I want Normal Beat Volume full, but whistle, 50%. Is it possible?
Don't do that small text thing if you want people to answer you.

But the way to do that would just be to make a custom whistle sound that's quieter than the regular whistle sound. Just grab the normal-hitwhistle.wav from the template skin and edit it in Audacity or something.
Gens
LuigiHann
It's easier than writing new osu code
awp
it's like 4kb
Gens
Alright, I got it. I know how to do it. Let's end this discussion already.
Zerostarry
It would let beatmappers be more creative..which is a good thing, imo. Some maps are too plain.

Zero approves~
ash
il canto has this

i believe this was requested before and denied by peppy if im not mistaken (i also believe i was the one that requested it before and was the one to have it denied)

but if you place timing sections carefully and just change the volume for each one, voila, you have a workaround method
Topic Starter
Kasada
An64fan
Beats and sliders take on the sound samples and volume of the timing section that they're hit during. Meaning even if you started all those sections right on that particular beat, it wouldn't sound quite right if the player mishits a lot of stuff. I quite like this idea. It would, indeed, allow more creativity, without the extra finicky work and odd results of bad playing.

Download: Daniele Meo - Adesso Balla (Original Mix) (Anto's Easy) [Easy].osu