Topic Starter
[deleted user]
hello everybody!

I click on osu exe and then:

"initialization error"

Help me! :(
Ivalset
Is that all that appears in the error?

And this appears to be the wrong forum. Unless you're mixing an introduction post with a bug report.

In that case, welcome to the forums.
LuigiHann
Welcome. Check out the FAQ on the top bar of the site - this issue has been addressed.
peppy
Man. I have this on the download page, the faq page, and in about 50 threads in bug reports. HOW do i make this more obvious? Should I increase the font size or something?!
RemmyX25

peppy wrote:

Man. I have this on the download page, the faq page, and in about 50 threads in bug reports. HOW do i make this more obvious? Should I increase the font size or something?!
Font size, color, and bolded. Maybe some underlining might help as well, but i'm not sure.

^_^

I love being a smart ass!
awp

peppy wrote:

Is there a way you could maybe have the osu client check stderr or whatever it is you use to throw exceptions for the .NET framework thing and produce a special error that says "get .NET framework plz and don't post about it until you have!"
peppy
I could do this if I made an installer... or a c/c++ wrapper for the updater. Maybe at some point, but for now people will just have to read >.>.
awp

peppy wrote:

but for now people will just have to read >.>.
Yeah that has worked out pretty good so far

lol
EiJi
A possibly easier approach would be a forum modification. Any users with less than X posts see a short message instructing them to read the faq/search forum before posting if they have a problem. Add a check box named "Okay" or something which must be checked in order to post.