Filesize: 5752kb
Play Time: 03:54
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.57 stars, 501 notes)
  2. Normal (2.98 stars, 268 notes)
Download: ORANGE RANGE - Viva Rock
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first beatmap. All done, pending suggestions for mistakes, changes, etc.

*Edit: Redone first slider chain so it overlaps completely
*2: Properly distance snapped most notes
*3: Normal added
*4: Couple of errors in Normal fixed, tweaked ending sliders
*5: More distance fixes for Normal
*6: Hitsound tweaking
*7: Changed beat placement on Normal to better fit with the song
*8: Added background
*9: Minor spacing changes on Hard
*10: Couple of slider fixes
*11: Few more fixes
An64fan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
GladiOol
Very nice beatmap.. but first time? Wow.. than you've got a nice future as beatmapper :D
Just there are some (alot?) of spacing problems.
The button on the right of the screen saying: ''Distance Snap''
Push it on, and it will automaticly place the next note on the right distance of the note before.

Go do this at every circle/slider of the map and the after that the circles/sliders will be on the right distance of each other.
Topic Starter
insanityprawnboy
Well, Normal is finally up, and i've made the fixes suggested earlier.
Thanks for all the helpful feedback (and compliments) :)
An64fan
Still feeling very nice. :)

Snapped to sixths, I see? XD Ish fine, though.

Normal
01:30:38 (1,2,3) - This combo feels kind of funny, even though you have it timed right, it seems. Maybe consider doing something else to reduce how awkward it feels to play it.
03:27:24 (2) - Why does it feel like I'm going in circles? XD I love this part, however, doing something more than just spinning around would be nice.

Other than that, just calls for some spacing checks, as some places don't seem spaced quite right (and even moreso, with a consistent spacing at that area, like 02:21:81 (3,4,5)).

Didn't notice anything funny with Hard, though double-checking spacing on that wouldn't hurt either.
Topic Starter
insanityprawnboy
That combo @ 1:30 is out of place mainly, I've replaced it with a simple {1,2,3,4}, same as in the other parts of the song.

I redid the 2nd half of the long slider chain to change direction to keep things interesting.
Spacing does seem slightly wrong in places - I'll go over it more thoroughly later.
Perhaps a couple of grid 3 nudges would do the trick?

(Edit): OK - Normal *should* be correctly spaced now
Topic Starter
insanityprawnboy
Bump time ;)
Wizard Of Orz
Normal
fine

Hard:
01:52:52 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - space these out a little more

very good map

garlic star!
Topic Starter
insanityprawnboy
OK, thanks :)

01:52:52 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - space these out a little more - Done
FurukawaPan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
An64fan
This gets a star from me too, as I've played this already and know this is awesome. And want to see it get the attention it deserves, of course. :)
Topic Starter
insanityprawnboy
Thanks mods :)

@ james039: Made changes to sliders and tweaked notes @ 3:10 - 3:15

@ An64fan: Yay!
FurukawaPan
<BUMP>

Oh, and some more modding.

Offset sounds better at 44,106ms, methinks. (Remember to update on all difficulties)

[Easy]

01:35:53 (6) - Start a new combo so it's a (1).

4 spinners in a row seems a bit excessive. Maybe replace the first two with something different. (Same goes for [Hard])

[Hard]

00:47:95 (8) - Make new combo (1).
00:54:81 (8) - Same.
01:21:81 (7) - Same.
01:26:52 (5) - Same. (though more on the optional side)
01:28:24 (9) - This one too.
01:34:95 (6,7,8,9) - Pick one of these ( to your preference) and start a new combo.
(now would be a good time to interrupt and say as a rule of thumb, no combo should exceed about 10-11). This is why I'm putting these new combo suggestions, to break your 14+streaks. So, just keep going through hard and look for lengthy combos, and decide if you will shorten them, the exception would be if it really cannot be justified. This is subjective, so don't stress it too much.

I'm glad I caught this before falling out of pending. I like this map.
SteRRuM
Topic Starter
insanityprawnboy
Made pretty much all changes mentioned exept for combo numbering, as I prefer it the way it is, and HP drain seems low enough for it not to be too big a problem.

Also, big apology for leaving this alone so long :?
Azamo
really great beatmap
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.