forum

Matchbox Twenty - Push

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mrtn
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on donderdag 4 december 2008 at 21:55:09

Artist: Matchbox Twenty
Title: Push
BPM: 84,26
Filesize: 5522kb
Play Time: 03:24
Difficulties Available:
  1. DawnII's Normal (3,31 stars, 249 notes)
  2. Hard (4,67 stars, 488 notes)
Download: Matchbox Twenty - Push
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Map for the Exile on Mainstream beatmapping project. Hope you guys enjoy playing it :).

Timing is done by Dawn II, all I did was double de bpm on [hard] ;).

edit 27 nov 2008: background added.
edit 27 nov 2008: added DawnII's difficulty :)
edit 4 dec 2008: fixed hard difficulty using luigi's comments :).
edit 4 dec 2008: DawnII fixed [normal]. Thanks for fixing Dawn :).
LuigiHann
Wow, this looks really good! You might renew my interest in this album project with a good map like this :D

Edit: Took a stab at making a nice BG image based on the music video. Shame I can't find any decent-resolution images of the band from that era, but I was able to make up a nice-looking picture in photoshop: http://up.ppy.sh/files/push-video-0.jpg
Topic Starter
mrtn
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
DawnII
Here's my difficulty.

Download: Matchbox Twenty - Push (DawnII) [Normal].osu
Topic Starter
mrtn
Thanks, added it ^^
LuigiHann
DawnII's Normal:
00:38:90 (1) - This doesn't feel connected to anything, which makes it awkward to hit. Try replacing it with a half-beat slider, then it gels a bit better with the lyrics.
01:59:01 (1,2,3,4,5) - This is a bit quirky as well. My suggestion would be to sidestep the lyrics a bit by doing something like this, but I'm sure there are other solutions.
02:34:61 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - So crowded, it just looks like a blob, because the score explosions fade slowly. Just space them out a bit more. The combo starting at 03:14:49, for example, is placed really well.
02:39:59 (4) - This slider is a bit tough to spot for similar reasons.

Also, just in general, try to be consistent with breaks. You have a tiny break at around 3:02, but no break during the bigger gap around 1:40, for example. On a positive note, I do like that the chorus plays differently each time instead of using copy and paste.

Hard:

I love the patterns. I don't like some of the "streams" because they feel unnecessary or wrong. I don't mind the ones that are grouped into bursts of 3 or 4 notes, because those feel connected to the lyrics and fun, but these ones bothered me:
03:11:28 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10)
03:23:39 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9)

Maybe just spice those up a bit with sliders or something. Also, 02:27:85 (1,2,3,4,5) threw me off a bit, but I'll admit that might just be because I suck.

Anyway, you guys get a star.
DawnII
Topic Starter
mrtn
Hard is fixed aswell :). Thank you for fixing your [normal] Dawn.

And luigi: thx for modding :).
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
mrtn
Thanks for modding and bubbling luigi :).
Sinistro
ThePassingShadow
Another great mrtn map !
Topic Starter
mrtn
Thanks for ranking sinistro, I guess the timing stuff will always be a problem as long as artists still use instruments instead of computers :p.

Thanks for the complement tps :).