forum

A button for locking the search results [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk
After searching for something on the song selection screen and then playing a beatmap, the search box clears and Osu! shows all of the beatmaps, instead of the beatmaps that I searched for. I would like a toggle button placed next to the search box, so that when it's turned on, Osu! will not clear the search results after playing a beatmap.
LuigiHann
I say "meh" to this. I would all the time type something else in without realizing my old search was still there, most likely.
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk

LuigiHann wrote:

I say "meh" to this. I would all the time type something else in without realizing my old search was still there, most likely.
Well, this can easily be solved by having the search box unlocked by default, and have it function just the way it is now. All you would have to do to prevent what you said from happening is to not click on the button to lock the search results. :P Also, as an extra measure to make this idea foolproof, the search box could be unlocked and cleared automatically if anything new were to be typed. :)
Echo

LuigiHann wrote:

I would all the time type something else in without realizing my old search was still there, most likely.
I do that all the time already.

Dammit osu, read my mind plz

Download: Tomokazu Sugita - Kentai Life Returns (KuraiPettan) [Sushi's Insane].osu
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Download: Motorhead vs. Noisia - Ace Of Spades vs. Groundhog (Mr Color) [DJFuta].osu
peppy
I say no to this.
Echo

adamskii_uk wrote:

If you want Osu! to read your mind then you shouldn't wear such a thick helmet on your head. :P
I don't when I'm not megaman :P
jemhuntr
and here I am bumping an ancient topic. did peppy change his mind on this? i think we really need it. the current search history saving thingo is weird.
TheVileOne
It's supposed to save the search field I thought. I know currently it doesn't, but it used to save it.
VoidnOwO
:)