forum

MGMT - Time to Pretend

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mrtn
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on zaterdag 10 januari 2009 at 11:33:31

Artist: MGMT
Title: Time to Pretend
BPM: 101
Filesize: 6252kb
Play Time: 04:17
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4,53 stars, 513 notes)
  2. Normal (3,63 stars, 158 notes)
  3. Symbolic's Slide (4,51 stars, 283 notes)
Download: MGMT - Time to Pretend
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hard is finished, normal coming soon.

Slide difficulty will be made by Symbolic :)

edit 3-dec-2008: added [normal] and [Symbolic's slide] difficulties.
edit 5-dec-2008: redid the hitsounds on hard.
edit 6-dec-2008: redid the hitsounds on normal
edit 8-dec-2008: added the sample set changes as foulcoon requested
Rolled
Excellent song.

Though I must say the map itself was a bit dull. I think it needs a good hitsound revamp, at the least.

Try changing hit sounds through some of the parts heavier on the vocals. You could do pretty much with hit sounds in this map and atm there is just occasional finish spam.

Also man, for such a stoner song and video the background was a let down. Wheres the colors maaaan. Spice it up~
Topic Starter
mrtn
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
foulcoon
Try these inheritied sections for sample changes

134,266 -> Soft (ADD MORE HITSOUNDS WOOOOOOOO)

153,276 -> Back to Normal!

And if you don't like them, just change it back zzzzz.
Topic Starter
mrtn
Sounds better indeed, thanks foulcoon :)
awp
I'd probably bubble/rank this but I don't know the etiquette on 0-hitcirle maps. I'm pretty sure they're frowned upon to the point of unrankable oblivion, but the inclusion of two proper maps might assist. I'll have to check.

But yeah as it is I don't think I'd change anything, though this feels like the kinda map that deserves custom hitsounds?
Topic Starter
mrtn
Thanks for modding awp :).

As for custom hitsounds: I have no idea how to make custom hit sounds :p. Perhaps Luigi's EBA skin hitsounds? I kind of like the sound of those with the song :).
foulcoon
I have no issues with this, here is your long overdue bubble.

To whoever decides to rank: beware there is a SLIDER ONLY difficulty, might want to make sure you approve of that.
mtmcl
Based on the previous case of Neogetz' attempted but never finished slider map, peppy established that slider maps, while not necessarily unrankable, should be heavily tested for fun and diversity. (As I recall from a conversation in IRC.)

I think the slider patterns in this map meet the expectations. I personally enjoyed playing the difficulty and I think it will be fun for most players, so I'll be brave enough to rank it.
Topic Starter
mrtn
Thanks to both :)
Nharox
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Remco32
i love it :D