forum

Puddle of Mudd - BLURRY

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 at 5:03:37 PM

Artist: Puddle of Mudd
Title: BLURRY
BPM: 78.72
Filesize: 8667kb
Play Time: 02:47
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.25 stars, 132 notes)
  2. Hard (4.53 stars, 345 notes)
Download: Puddle of Mudd - BLURRY
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Been awhile since I had mapped anything, and I had been intending to map this song for ages now. :P
Anyway, timing check as usual. ;X
DawnII
And a timing check you shall have!

BPM 78.72/Offset 6,518

Mapping is cool, although 37 spinners wutfux. It fits for the most part though.
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
Hahahaha, yeah, I figure it was okay though. It wasn't exactly any half beat spinner or spinner spam. :P
Thanks for the timing and fixed!
Sinistro
The thing here is that this is a weird song to guess the beat beforehand, so when first playing it one might think it's not mapped right. That is not the case. The singer's lyrics start or end in blue ticks that intially threw me off. In Easy especially, you want to make the level of skill required low, so you remove some notes, but it actually ends up making it harder (again, for me) because I don't instictively know which note the single circle is mapped to :p A releatively new player should play this to make sure.

Here are the minimum amount of intrusions into the design, mostly slider edge in Easy that are mapped at parts I deem too counter intuitive.

Easy
00:35:67 (2), 01:48:84 (2) - Start either 1/4 earlier or later.
00:50:91 (4), 01:27:12 (5), 02:04:08 (4), 02:40:29 (3), 02:46:38 (4) - Start 1/4 earlier.
Oh right, if you want to keep this Easy, how about some BREAKS? ;P

Hard
01:58:37 (8) - End 1/4 sooner
03:51:93 (1) - Ok this will sound weird but extend it for half a beat? Oh wait I think I know why, it's probably because the drum falls there?
I wonder if I should make everyone changing bpm to make sliders faster to storyboard some kind of warning in :p This case is tamer than others though, since at least it happens after a spinner.
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
Easy

Fixed, fixed, fixed... I don't know where to put the break. :(

Hard

Fixed, fixed, fixed... and hahaha, yeah, that'd be right. :P
The BPM increase, no one actually realized it was there until I mention it anyway... >_>;
So, I think it might be fine? XD
I could storyboard a warning though. ;X
awp
Offset is 4 ms early I think. I like 6522. BPM's odd, but oddly enough, correct !!!

[Easy]
It sounds weird. There, I said it. You're trying to map to the vocals too religiously, they're fluid but awkward, and the map sounds very strange when you listen to it on autoplay. Avoid blue-snaps at all costs, and make up your own patterns if need be.
01:10:16 (1,1) - 400ms between spinner end and new slider isn't traditionally easy, either.

Now I think this can be done, but if you ask me, it's not currently done exactly right.
The first combo sounds nice and fluid, but 00:26:14 (1) - starting on the blue tick is kind of what the fuck ??? You're trying to hit too many of the vocals here, and for someone who doesn't know them by heart (as the patterns are unintuitive at best) it makes for a very frustrating map.

[Hard]
It flows a bit better, but I still find a lot of the patterns awfully unintuitive. It's playable because you know the dos and don'ts of mapping, but the patterns don't seem to contribute to the map at all. To me, it feels like a beatmap for something else that by sheer luck happens to fall in time with this song.

If you're confused and don't know which way to go with it I could try mapping a piece of the song myself for reference.
Topic Starter
MaxwellDemon
Meh~
I think I am gonna give up on this map. Should stick to songs that worked for me from the start. :P
Thanks for taking a look though. XD XD
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.