forum

It always come back to the songs menu!! [Resolved IE issue]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kat Malfoy
Please SOS!! :(
I don't understand, even with the updates and DirectX, the game keeps return to the menu where we have to choose the song... I can't play!! :cry:
I've got the feeling that the OSU! button doesn't work... but it can be my computer... It's writen "An error occured" on the black bar ...
I'm waiting for your help!!
awp
If it's the osu! button that doesn't work, perhaps you could try double-clicking the song bar instead? Also, if there are any details on the error output, copying them to the forums is usually helpful.
peppy
Are you an IE user? Are you not following the instructions of using SAVE AS for the beatmaps you download rather than OPEN and EXTRACT?

Download some beatmaps from the beatmap listing (or visit the forum for unofficial submissions) and place in the songs/ directory. IE USERS: The beatmaps will download as zip files - DO NOT EXTRACT these - simply place them in your Songs folder intact!
(awp, it might be better to wait a bit if you aren't sure about what is wrong - because most of the time I know exactly wht the problem is. Also if you read abck a bit this has been answered in another post, and on the download page itself too)
awp
I should add all of these to my troubleshooting thread so I can get them straight.
Echo

Kat Malfoy wrote:

It's writen "An error occured" on the black bar
That just means it had (or has) a problem retrieving player ranking data.
Topic Starter
Kat Malfoy
I'll try with my extract the .zip, because I'm a IE user... :?
peppy
Nononono, the idea is you *dont* extract the zip. Save it straight to the songs folder.

Delete anything you have in there first, too.
Topic Starter
Kat Malfoy
I just do erase the old ones and save it with the .zip
And it works!!! (I'm such a crap... :oops: )
Thanks you so much!!