forum

Pendulum - Propane Nightmares

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
thedamage
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 at 4:20:16 PM

Artist: Pendulum
Title: Propane Nightmares
BPM: 173.8
Filesize: 20275kb
Play Time: 04:46
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.56 stars, 457 notes)
  2. Insane (4.9 stars, 601 notes)
  3. Normal (4.13 stars, 386 notes)
Download: Pendulum - Propane Nightmares
Download: Pendulum - Propane Nightmares (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
First beatmap ever so feel free to trash it, hah.

It's a tad long, I was reading the Ranking Sub. Criteria and my song does go over 3 minutes but it's not painful and I prefer it over a cut up version of the song. Does go 6mil over the 10mil mentioned.

Normal is easier but might still be slightly hard for "normal" standards. The placement of each note was easier so I went with that more then stripping the end of a bunch of notes.

Overall, each difficulty starts easier than it ends. Insane should provide a decent challenge for anyone looking for one, I certainly enjoy it :D.

***I noticed someone posted a Propane Nightmares before me but rest assured this beatmap is not like his at all. He went with a nice slower beatmap when I went with the fast and challenging way.***
lukewarmholiday
oh fuck i didnt see this, oh well.

***I noticed someone posted a Propane Nightmares before me but rest assured this beatmap is not like his at all. He went with a nice slower beatmap when I went with the fast and challenging way.***
It's not really a fast map IMO

Im kinda pissed because I used a low quality mp3 to get started and then I found out i mapped a slightly different version of the song.(changes a small section about 3 mins in.)

MODERATION:

Too much spam, overmapped and whore the distance snap if your worried about being off in spacing, becaus ethere are quite a few.

Use my timing ,yours is off and I'm sure mine is closer to the mark if you care about fixing the map.(double it since yours is higher)

This does have some neat patterns but :(

I loled at the video since that video is what made me map the song lol.
Topic Starter
thedamage

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Im kinda pissed because I used a low quality mp3 to get started and then I found out i mapped a slightly different version of the song.(changes a small section about 3 mins in.)
Feel free to use my mp3!

Yeah it's not that fast. For BPM however... yours came to 173.98 when doubled. So I listened to a few and stuck with 173.8. 174 wasn't far off tho :P.

If you or anyone else doesn't mind explain what would be considered spam and it being over-mapped. Like I said this is my first map and I'm not sure how people are expecting these maps to be. I had 2 friends be testers and they are really enjoying it, so I guess I can't rely on them! ha.

Then for distance, I have been looking to reduce spaces between things. I remapped Normal and Hard for distances. Both those I used the auto-spacer thing to space. For Insane though I like the spacing, I did change a few things but overall I the spacing to be fairly difficult. That at least is what I really enjoy when I play maps. If I have hard time beating a beatmap then it is a good map! :D. Though this is for the public so if you insist on wanting any Insane spacing changed I guess I can. I got my own versions :D.

lukewarmholiday wrote:

I loled at the video since that video is what made me map the song lol.
Same here... the video and song just seem to fun. Once I heard the song on the video I was addicted to it. So I figured OSU needed it also!!! Plus this video is a lot better than their music video IMHO.