forum

Show what I'm Osuing

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Logic Sword
In Windows Live Messenger, there is an option to show what you're listening to as your personal message. Would it be possible to implement a similar system for Osu! which shows what beatmap you're playing at the time?
awp
F9
Pokebis
Also you could type "/np" in irc.
Echo
I think he means integrating into msn messenger
RemmyX25
I see what you're saying. If anything, Y!IM and AIM would have to be integrated as well.

It's just another application to be developed. I'm not sure many of us know how to build something like that and integrate osu! into it.
YoshiKart
Just throwing in a penny; we can do what FoxyTunes does and implement this to a browser to show in posting replies.
An64fan
Crossed my mind a couple nights ago. I myself would also love if Messenger could show what you were listening to or playing on osu!

Not that I know how to do it. :(
ThePassingShadow
Would be nice for MSN users. I use AdiumX/Pidgin, however, so I doubt that I would be able to use it.

Not a priority, in my opinion, but not a bad idea either.
Topic Starter
Logic Sword
Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't make it clear. I meant for it to show on MSN.
awp

RemmyX25 wrote:

If anything, Y!IM and AIM would have to be integrated as well.
Who the fuck uses Y!IM anyway

It's an interesting concept but my inner nazi is suggesting the plugin would best be made for something like Skype, which is like MSN but fails less. The main problem with MSN is that most people use it, so you get stuck with its fragile file transfers, its auto-dropping of messages containing "download.php" links, its evangelic deletion of mp3s, and its useless pop-up ads.
Zerostarry
I've been thinking about this for a looong time. I was just too lazy to write a Request for it XP

I support this idea 100%.
RemmyX25

Zerostarry wrote:

I support this idea 100%.
As long as there is support for something like skype or AIM as well
kesadisan

awp wrote:

RemmyX25 wrote:

If anything, Y!IM and AIM would have to be integrated as well.
Who the fuck uses Y!IM anyway

It's an interesting concept but my inner nazi is suggesting the plugin would best be made for something like Skype, which is like MSN but fails less. The main problem with MSN is that most people use it, so you get stuck with its fragile file transfers, its auto-dropping of messages containing "download.php" links, its evangelic deletion of mp3s, and its useless pop-up ads.
oh i use it 8-)

besides looks like cool if Integeration of these system were available on osu! :twisted:
Jeffro
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zerostarry

Jeffro wrote:

I could code a temporary program you could run that does it. As the current song you are playing is the same as the windows name. I could make that transfer :)

Gotta install visual studio 2008 first :) I'll keep you guys up to date :)
Do want
Jeffro
First version online, tray will be made later.

http://jeffro.no-ip.info/osu!2msn.rar

Edit:
Peppy is currently implementing this feature in osu itself. Till new version comes out use this :)
peppy
Thanks for the code reference Jeffro :). And sorry to snipe this from you, but you did give me the motivation to complete it with your little app.

Download: Kozato snow - Koi Gatsu Ouka (_Kiva) [Yumeko's Ouka11sss].osu
Jeffro

peppy wrote:

Thanks for the code reference Jeffro :). And sorry to snipe this from you, but you did give me the motivation to complete it with your little app.
Your welcome. Just to make other people happy :)

They can use this app till you release the new version to the public :)
Topic Starter
Logic Sword
Thanks for the app!
Jeffro
Your welcome :D

It already got in the latest testbuild and its working fine.

:)
show more