forum

Explosions In The Sky - So Long, Lonesome

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CheeseWarlock
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on December-25-08 at 10:43:21 PM

Artist: Explosions In The Sky
Title: So Long, Lonesome
Tags: calm quiet relaxing instrumental post-rock
BPM: 104.99
Filesize: 6262kb
Play Time: 03:15
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.47 stars, 148 notes)
  2. Hard (4.3 stars, 334 notes)
Download: Explosions In The Sky - So Long, Lonesome
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I present to you, the most overmapped song ever. But it turned out quite nicely, I think. I started it a while back, and came back to it yesterday. So instead of in addition to studying for my exams I polished it up a bit, so here it is.

Edit 1: Reuploaded with more tags.
Edit 2: Apparently tags don't apply to all difficulties?
Edit 3: A couple minor m980 edits: difficulty settings and new combos.
Edit 4: Minor change to the offset.
Edit 5: Little bit of storyboarding.
Edit 6: A little more storyboarding, and a few minor changes.
Edit 7: Made spinners quiet.
Edit 8: Minor change to the offset.
Edit 9: Changed the timing up a bit, despite how nice it is to have an integer BPM.
Jeffro
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
m980
Okaaaay

First off.. Offset seems abit late?? I'm bad at offsets though.. So..

Easy
Perhaps increase circle size? I say it's abit small for an Easy Difficulty.

Hard
01:29:02 (5) - New combo perhaps?
02:52:74 (6) - Another New Combo?

Also Completely optional.. 02:39:31 (6) - This bugs me.. Lone notes don't seem right if they aren't a new combo or the start of a new combo..

That's all i could find.. Other then the fact that Hard and Easy have the same difficulty settings..

[Starry]
kingcobra52
Easy

02:35:88 (2) - Sounds a bit awkward to me.

Normal

Only issue for me is going back and forth between 1/4 and 1/6 snap, but it seems that's how it suppose to go.

And like what m980 said, I disagree with easy and hard having the same difficulty settings. I'd make easier a bit easier in that regard.

Overall, nice job. :)
GladiOol
Offset: 30.780 (?)
30.770 seems way better, sry I took a 2 fast look.
Topic Starter
CheeseWarlock

kingcobra52 wrote:

Easy

02:35:88 (2) - Sounds a bit awkward to me.

Normal

Only issue for me is going back and forth between 1/4 and 1/6 snap, but it seems that's how it suppose to go.

And like what m980 said, I disagree with easy and hard having the same difficulty settings. I'd make easier a bit easier in that regard.
Fixed, yes that's intentional, and the difficulties have been different (circle size by 1, HP drain by 1) for a while. But I reduced HP drain on Easy a bit more anyway.

Gladi wrote:

Offset: 30.780 (?)
30.770 seems way better, sry I took a 2 fast look.
Sounds late to me, but mine was too early. So, changed the offset a bit~
kingcobra52
Bubbled. :)
foulcoon
Everything checks out mapping-wise. Maybe increase overall difficulty a tick or two on [Hard].

I did SS this, however the timing seems really weird. The initial offset sounds very early, and the timing goes in and out of the metronome. I'm just not sure enough to rank this atm...
Mogsy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Download: Plastic Tree - Namida Drop (TV size) (Yunacat) [Kiddo's Normal].osu
foulcoon
I'd just like to mention that this SB is awesome.

Even though it seems fairly simple, it adds a great effect to the map. Nice job overall.
Sir Minelli
Did I mention that I love this map? :p <3