forum

beatmap song preview

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
xerxes_oli
i think i'b be great if we could have like a 10sc preview of the song on the download page to see if we like it, because it would help people discover new songs and not download a great beatmap because theyve never heard of it.
just my thought.~
ThePassingShadow
Eh. Sounds like an osu!direct subcription feature to me.
An64fan
Ten seconds is, like....nothing. Plus, you'd have to either set up the times manually, or find some way to have it done automatically so that you don't have a break, or some really empty place.

Anywho, I'd say just to convince everyone to try to get more osu! videos up on youtube. As well, you could just download it and give it a try, and then delete it or whatever if you don't like it (or not, I guess).
Topic Starter
xerxes_oli
ehh well i was going for the itunes type thing "try before you buy" but for osu y'know
Butanero-san
While this would be an awesome osu!direct idea, it could be difficult to integrate without downloading or changing the osz format, since you'd have to stream part of the mp3 from inside the zip file.

But peppy can code anything, so who knows.
peppy

Butanero-san wrote:

Jeffro

peppy wrote:

Butanero-san wrote:

Quoted for the truth
peppy
Done.
Kharl
Can you make it starts from the set preview point if the beatmap has one?
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
Would it be too much trouble to have it fade out at the end instead of just cutting off?
Echo
Can I ask for a fade in as well if you do the fade out? :)

edit: actually, scratch that. It wouldn't be nice for songs with "kick-ass preview points"
LuigiHann
Could do a super-quick fade in