forum

Nobuo Uematsu - Fisherman's Horizon (Normal+Hard)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, November 16, 2007 at 4:41:07 PM

Artist: Nobuo Uematsu
Title: Fisherman's Horizon
BPM: 148
Filesize: 5112kb
Play Time: 02:54
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.76 stars, 194 notes)
  2. Hard (3.84 stars, 215 notes)
  3. Hard (4.14 stars, 240 notes)
Download: Nobuo Uematsu - Fisherman's Horizon
---------------
AWP convinced me to make an easier version, so here it is, everyone check it out!
Also, the higher star one for hard is my original intention for this beatmap, but it won't accepted into the ranks, so it's just there if you want to try it out.
Okay, I redid the original version to make it look less ugly.

Download: Nobuo Uematsu - Fisherman's Horizon (cecilthemos) [Hard].osu
awp
Yay, it's done!

Another reason to delay studying for the exam tomorrow!
eyup
For some reason the .osz archive contains a blank .osu file - no hitObjects whatsoever...
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
I re packaged it, and uploaded it again, thanks for telling me about that.
awp
Awesome, dude. Simply awesome. Love the little tricks you've done with slider/note combinations.

However, some of the sliders are a bit brutal because you can't tell which direction they're going to go in, so the song has a bit of memory work involved. If it weren't for this, personally, I'd think it ready for ranking. Although for "Normal" it's a bit tough at times because of the ambiguous sliders, rearranging these sliders will take care of that. So, please consider that.

The other thing I wasn't too keen on was the length of the breaks. For a song like Sweet Darlin' it's called for, but perhaps the breaks could be shortened a bit on this.

I look forward to seeing this in the ranks, personally.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Yeah, if you read the note at the top, it should be hard, but when i renamed it to hard, it screwed it all up, so sometime soon I'll rearrange the thing into a hard mode that will actually have it in there. I didn't notice anything with the sliders except that they're kinda ugly, I'll fix that either today or tomorrow (Lots of stuff to do). Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad that you liked it.
Oh, and could you tell me where exactly the sliders are hard to know which way they are going, or will that be okay since it is now considered a hard map?
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Can one of the mods tell me why my beatmap lost the star?
peppy
It happens when you edit the first post. Blame phpbb! I might be able to fix this one - will try and look into it today.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Okay, I was just afraid that someone changed their minds.
eyup
Sorry, but in its current state the song will never get ranked. It's been mentioned in previous threads, but DO NOT PLACE SLIDER END POINTS AT THE SAME TIME AS SLIDER START POINTS!!! You can either A. Make it one continuous slider, B. make the first slider slightly shorter, or C. press the Off button on your computer.

This also applies to placing notes on the reverse points of reciprocating sliders. It is physically impossible to achieve these combinations!

Other than that, there isn't too much wrong with the beatmap. Not one of my favourite Nobuo songs but it's nice nonetheless :)
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
I'll fix it, but can you link me to where it's said that we can't put ends and starts at the same point? I thought it fit the song really well.
peppy
Sorry but I strongly disapprove of the overlapping sliders/notes you have in this beatmap. They cause a fail every time I play, and look horribly ugly, even though it sounds quite nice in the editor >.>.

No, it doesn't say anywhere that you can't overlap sliders. It also doesn't say anywhere that you can't have 2 simulataneous sliders going in the middle of a spinner. I think this is more of a common sense/reasoning thing - imagine you are an ouendan player and come across a track like this. What would you do? I would personally shout "WTF" then move on to the next beatmap :/.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
I can pass it, and I fixed the part at the end where the back and forth ones make it so you can't hit the notes. How does it make it so you fail? You just have to click it with the right button instead of using only one.
eyup
OK so I can't reasonably expect you to have read every single other completed beatmap post, so I don't blame you for not having seen a previous diatribe on this but yeah... it's something that will never work in osu!. I mean if you think about where the roots of osu! lies, it's in the DS games. Is it possible to drag your stylus over the endpoint of a slider whilst simultaneously taking it off and reapplying pressure for the next slider? That's how I think about it anyway.
peppy

cecilthemos wrote:

I can pass it, and I fixed the part at the end where the back and forth ones make it so you can't hit the notes. How does it make it so you fail? You just have to click it with the right button instead of using only one.
My mouse only has one button :shock:. But in all seriousness, they are ugly and the sprites have clipping errors. Even if it was viable to ASSUME that every player realises you can dual-wield mouse buttons, I do not approve of this! Sorry!
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Okay, whatever...guess I have to go redo the entire thing, I'll change the title of the thread when it's done.
eyup
Another point is that ranked beatmaps have to cater for all players - including those using Tablet PC. So even if it is possible to pass using a mouse, you are not taking into consideration other input methods that are being used out there. So sorry, but it has to be changed. That's just the way it is... :P
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
But, how can you pass Wizards on insane, the beats are way too fast to tap using a one-button mouse, and I don't know how tablets work, but tapping that fast seems crazy-hard.
peppy
[flash=400,300:f4bad]http://www.youtube.com/v/OOHpTwgjO2s&rel=1[/flash:f4bad]
I think this is a good example of tabletpc tapping speeds.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Okay, I guess that works, anyway, I fixed the beats, check them out please.
show more