forum

Apollo Justice - Guilty Love

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Avion-Finch
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, December 18, 2008 at 2:04:20 PM

Artist: Apollo Justice
Title: Guilty Love
Source: Apollo Justice
Tags: Klavier Gavin's Theme
BPM: 135.9
Filesize: 4969kb
Play Time: 01:26
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (3.9 stars, 139 notes)
Download: Apollo Justice - Guilty Love
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is my first beatmap, this is Guilty love from Apollo Justice, I dont know if i should make it longer or not, any thoughts? , I give credit to Antelopgrl for giving the mp3 to this awesome song

edit
Fixed up spacing, and made a brand new ending part, its pretty hard, i think i may have overdone it. I was gonna have there be an animation of Klavier doing the air guitar on an O and his head shake for Xs, but those files were gifs which dont work on Osu. I like how it turned out.
Topic Starter
Avion-Finch
I actually have a question, How do i make the background go to black in the break sessions?
and is it possible to add a new animation for succeeding and failing a section?
K2J
For your question, you can use storyboarding. I haven't really poked around the editor yet, but you can place a sprite or animation that will appear always, only if you're failing, or only if you're passing. You can put up a full black background for this, as well.

For the map, make sure you set your beat snap divisor to 1/4. There's a lot of places where the beat is placed too early in comparison to the song, like at 01:00:64 (4,5), where the 5 should come 1/4 beat (a blue tick) later. The timing might also be a bit off, but not too significantly.

Finally, make sure you're using beat spacing (Y in the editor) and set it to somewhere around your slider velocity (you can change the beat spacing distance by holding Alt - the upper-right hand corner will enable you to switch it to 0.9). This will make sure that the beats are spaced in proportion to where the last beat fell in the song (i.e., so that the player doesn't have to suddenly jump from one place to another too far away). I realize that beat spacing feels a bit restrictive at first, but it's very important for your map to be intuitive to play.
Topic Starter
Avion-Finch
thank for the help, your right, i did that and it fits right now. also, i made the song harder :D
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.