forum

Adding Text in Storyboard Editor~

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Krystal-n
A number of the storyboarded beatmaps I've seen have images containing text in them, most of them are used to credit the beatmap and song.
So I was thinking, wouldn't it be easier for these people if you can simply type this into the storyboard editor? (It's a new feature, I know...) It doesn't seem to be a difficult thing to add, and I thought it could be useful.

I was thinking of adding lyrics to a beatmap so I could sing along as I played and I thought it was quite a pity I couldn't just type them in.
I'm not trying to turn the game into Singstar, but I like singing along to my favourite songs. :D
peppy
Well as for song credits, this is already handled by the game via online metadata (which can be modified by BATs on request).

Text support could be added to storyboarding, but it will take a bit of work and unless there is a fair amount of support for implementing it I don't personally see the need. You're much better off spending 10 minutes to make some really nice and unique text in photoshop (or whatever image editor you fancy) than using plan fonts that osu! will generate.