forum

Axis Distance Snap

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
I have two main goals I want to achieve. I want to be able to have a beatmap's beats be placed along the x axis with the same distance as the timeline, but not be along the y axis. I'm mainly trying to use the y axis as the pitch of the beat, and the x axis as the proper spacing. I also want to make a storyboard element where a ball is bouncing up and down on a floor, and I wish to keep its speed constant along the x axis.

So can there be a special distance snap within the Compose and Design tabs of the editor? Maybe two checkboxes can be placed near the distance snap button when it is turned on, and the checkboxes are used to designate snapping to the x/y axes. Something similar could work for the Move function under the Transformations.

:)

What do you guys think?

EDIT: I want to add in something related to what An64fan said. Maybe have sets of pathlengths to choose from for Move functions. Choose circular/parabolic/rectangular/etc. shape, resize and reshape, and choose a start point on the shape, and another point on the shape on a different spot on the timeline to have a set move speed. Then, turn on Easing in between movements if necessary.
An64fan
Well, I know in some programs, you can hold down a key as you draw something to draw a straight horizontal/vertical/45 degree line, or to draw a circle as opposed to an elipse, square instead of a rectangle, etc.

I have no arguments with this suggestion, personally. It always bugs me as to whether my beats are lined up just right or not.
peppy
Try holding shift in design mode...

Bouncing ball in design: set first frame at furthest left you want it, then second at furthest right. After you've done this, you have a constant X-axis speed. Now go through and change only Y axis coordinated (using shift, surprise) and tada.
LuigiHann

peppy wrote:

Bouncing ball in design: set first frame at furthest left you want it, then second at furthest right. After you've done this, you have a constant X-axis speed. Now go through and change only Y axis coordinated (using shift, surprise) and tada.
That is awesome. Would have helped a lot with Braid's storyboard.
Topic Starter
YoshiKart

LuigiHann wrote:

peppy wrote:

That is awesome. Would have helped a lot with Braid's storyboard.
Thanks a bunch, peppy!

Will you consider this for Compose, though?