forum

EiJi's Beatmap Collection [Update: 11/15/07]

posted
Total Posts
EiJi
Welcome.

This post is for information. If you wish to go straight to my maps, please check the next post.

This thread will house all of my maps. Since I neither intend or expect them to get ranked, I might as well keep them in one place. Especially considering the rate at which I make maps.

Furthermore, I will update the thread's title with a date in which the last update occurred. I may 'bump' the thread every few maps or so, if no one replies to this thread, which will likely be the case.

I will assign each map a [#number], if you wish to post any comments regarding a specific map, which you're more than welcome to do, please either use the number or song name for identification purposes.

Mods: I encourage you to prioritize "real" candidates over me. These maps will most likely not be of ranking material. But if you're bored or what not, then by all means.

About my maps: Well, I'm a DDR player. Thus my maps resemble DDR in a sense that my maps will follow the beats, chorus, vocals or part of it. To let you know in advance: my maps do not contain spinners and sliders, so if that already sounds boring to you, there are many other better maps floating around.

Edit: My last two maps had em...lets see how far it goes.

Also I would like to note that I consider my maps to be "casual", meaning they're intended to be played just for fun. Not competitively. Hence why none of them will make it to ranking-status.

Difficulties: This is one issue I've had to really think about. To any first time player of my maps, sure, it's going to be hard. But after a few tries and learning the song a bit, it gets dramatically easier. Thus for judging difficulty, I will do so on a scale of 1-5. This scale will assume you're familiar with the song/beat. All that really leaves is the craziness of the notes, speed, spacing, etc.

What kind of songs do I map to? At this time, only video game (mostly fighters) and anime songs. None of the J-Pop crap though, so don't worry about that.

More to come later... Next post has the maps.

Enjoy.
EiJi
So here we are... My maps... The above post has information about me, my maps, songs and etc. In case you skipped it. On to it, then...

• Number & Date: [#1] 11/5/07***
    Song Name: Fanatic Waltz [Shermie's Theme]
    Artist: The King of Fighters '98 Arranged
    Difficulty: 3/5
    Length: 4:52
    Info: Timing is said to be a bit off. Will fix eventually.
    Download: Link
-----
  • Number & Date: [#2] 11/6/07
    Song Name: Thai Stage [Andy Bogard's Theme]
    Artist: Real Bout Fatal Fury OST
    Difficulty: 4/5
    Length: 2:01
    Info: Fast song. BEWARE the double taps! xD [V2 - Redid Spacing]
-----
  • Number & Date: [#3] 11/7/07***
    Song Name: Let's Go! Yin Yang Fortune Teller
    Artist: Power Instinct: Matrimelee OST.
    Length: 1:34
    Info: Very short song. A bit tricky.
-----
  • Number & Date: [#4] 11/7/07
    Song Name: The Instinct
    Artist: Killer Instinct: Killer Cuts OST
    Difficulty: 2/5
    Length: 4:51
    Info: Very easy. For beginners. [V2 - Redid spacing. Added some sliders.]
-----
  • Number & Date: [#5] 11/7/07***
    Song Name: The Origin of Mind
    Artist: The King of Fighters '97 Arranged
    Length: 3:45
    Info: Lot of chorus notes. Can be hard to follow.
-----
  • Number & Date: [#6] 11/7/07
    Song Name: Chain [Original Version]
    Artist: Back-On [Air Gear Anime]
    Length: 3:34
    Info: Hard map. Great song. Lots of clicking. [V2 - Redid Spacing]
-----
  • Number & Date: [#7] 11/7/07***
    Song Name: Mad Fantasy [Chris' Theme]
    Artist: The King of Fighters '98 Arranged
    Length: 3:27
    Info:
-----
  • Number & Date: [#8] 11/8/07
    Song Name: Kodou
    Length: 2:48
    Info: Awesome song IMO. Map is pretty average if you figure the beat out [v2 - Redid spacing and other minor changes.]
-----
  • Number & Date: [#9] 11/8/07***
    Song Name: Chain [Rockin' 8 Glider Mix]
    Difficulty: 2/5
    Length: 2:17
    Info: Very, very easy. For beginners, I suppose. Nice song though.
-----
  • Number & Date: [#10] 11/9/07
    Song Name: Ken EX
    Artist: Street Fighter OST
    Length: 2:22
    Info: First map of mine to use sliders...beware.
-----
  • Number & Date: [#11] 11/9/07
    Song Name: Viva Rock ~Japanese Side~*
    Artist: Orange Range (Naruto Anime)
    Length: 4:03
    Info: Fun song, lots of multi-clicks. [V2 - Redid spacing.]
-----
  • Number & Date: [#12] 11/10/07***
    Song Name: Clash of the Ninja
    Artist: Shinji Hosoe (Naruto Anime)
    Difficulty: 5/5 ;)
    Length: 1:19
    Info: This is just eyecandy, really. If you're even high on speed or something better, give it a shot.
-----
  • Number & Date: [#13] 11/10/07
    Song Name: Christmas Memories*
    Artist: 02Jam?
    Length: 1:55
    Info: Version 3. Final, perhaps? ;)
-----
  • Number & Date: [#14] 11/10/07
    Song Name: Fanatic Waltz - Shermie's Theme [Version B]
    Artist: The King of Fighter's '98 Arranged
    Length: 4:55
    Info: Not an edit. A remake. V2 [Ranked Map]
-----
  • Number & Date: #15 11/10/07
    Song Name: He's a Pirate
    Artist: Klaus Badelt (Pirates of the Caribbean OST)
    Difficulty: 5/5 ;)
    Length: 1:12
    Info: Chaos.
-----
  • Number & Date: [#16] 11/11/07
    Song Name: In Spite of One's Age
    Artist: The King of Fighters '98 Arranged Sound Trax
    Length: 4:24
    Info: Nice slow, easy map. Quite a few sliders and tricky parts.
-----
  • Number & Date: [#17] 11/13/07
    Song Name: Tears - Kyo Kusanagi's Theme
    Artist: The King of Fighters '99 Arranged Sound Trax
    Length: 4:33
    Info: One of my favorite songs. Following the guitar can be hard. Also added some streams. Overall, not too hard. Spinners + sliders.
-----
  • Number & Date: [#18] 11/13/07
    Song Name: Only The Fairy Tell*
    Artist: Yuko Miyamura [Mai-HiME OST]
    Length: 2:26
    Info: Difficulty is only 3/5 due to the stars. I made it to be easy. And I think it is easy. But somehow it's 4 stars...
-----
-----
  • Number & Date: [#19] 11/15/07
    Song Name: Jubei Chan - Main Theme
    Artist: Masuda Toshiro
    Length: 1:53
    Info: Lotta streams. No breaks.
    -----
  • Number & Date:
    Song Name:
    Artist:
    Difficulty:
    Length:
    Info:
    Download: [url]Link[/url]
Beatmaps will be added to this post as they become available. Thank you and enjoy.
EiJi
News and updates will go in this post.

11/8/07
- Gathered all maps here.
11/9/07
- I would like to inform you that for my next map, whatever it may be, I will try my best to use sliders. However, I have a feeling that the way I do notes will not be changed, so, logically, sliders would probably replace breaks. . .
- Added "Ken EX". This is my first map which uses sliders. It's either "okay" or "terrible", you decide.
- Added "Viva Rock"
11/10/07
- Added "Clash of the Ninja"
- Added "Christmas Memories"
- Updated "Christmas Memories" (fixed some off-beat notes and changed positioning a bit)
- As per Peppy's request, song names with a star (*) mean that I think that they're of higher quality than my usual maps.
- Added a remake of "Fanatic Waltz"
- Updated "Fanatic Waltz"
- Added "He's a Pirate"
11/11/07
- Added "In Spite of One's Age"
- Ok, so just last night I learned about the whole time-distance rule for placing notes. So I will be going through all my maps and try to get that in. Maps with *** next to the date means I have NOT fixed them yet.
11/13/07
- Added "Tears"
- Added "Only a Fairy Tell"
11/15/07
- Added "Jubei Chan"

------------------
12/11/07
Ok...so I haven't really been updating this thread. Alot has happened since I last updated this. I've gotten alot better at map making. That being said, most of these maps are old ones. They may not be timed perfectly, most likely have no beat spacing, etc.

I'm going to mass add alot of maps. Map names in bold mean they're of high quality. Nothing like most of the others posted here.

Maps to be added: Appleseed - Good Luck, Capcom Sound Team - Silent Gravestone (Vega), Hiro-X & Kimeru - Future(TV Size), Hiro-X - Driving Myself, Back-On - CHAIN (ROCKIN' 8 GLIDER MIX) *edited*, BACK-ON - Chain v3 *edited*, Back-On - Hikari Sasuhou, Kimeru - Make You Free (TV Size).
EiJi
I've requested all my previous map threads be removed. As of now, all maps and future maps will be placed in this thread.

Hope you enjoy my maps. Any comments are appreciated.

Thread map:

First Post: Information
Second: Maps
Third: Updates, addition of new maps, updates to existing maps, etc.
eyup
None of the J-Pop crap though, so don't worry about that.
I'd say that really quietly if I were you, especially around this community... although personally I am with you 100% on this. Let's keep this to ourselves, eh?
Loginer

EiJi wrote:

Hello there. :) *Raises friendly hammer*
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86
Oh man, did I just make a new topic? Did my brain just turn off? >_<

I don't think I ever had this problem before, my brain MUST've been dead. My condolensenses, least Eiji got a thread of his own now, but I just humiliated myself with this post. :oops:

---

No I actually did not, so Eiji said. Makes me feel happy inside. :mrgreen:

---
(In response to the KI song)

All right, let's go see what's up here. To begin with, some of the timing parts were great, but it feels strange without sliders on parts yearning for it, but again we conversed that you despised it oh so much, so that's okay. I can see that you like jacks still, it's very nice, but of course, the slant makes jacks look oogly. Nevertheless. It was very easy a lot of parts, would've been harder if there were extras but again with people's personal tastes it can be different.

Also, about the Guitar Solo moment, the extra bit, it reminded me of tap dancing rhythm, or the kind that's pretty awesome. I loved that part very much. It's a good map, all in all, with minor boring spots but that's always the inveitable, since there's no sliders and spinners. Very hard to do something without them, but again, there'll be some way to survive without these fellas. ;)
peppy

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

That was me. Eiji gave us the task of merging about 6 threads and it isn't such an each task with phpbb. I did my best :P.
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86

peppy wrote:

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

That was me. Eiji gave us the task of merging about 6 threads and it isn't such an each task with phpbb. I did my best :P.
It still isn't full proof of course (For example, in the thread list if you click on Eiji, you'll go to my profile, which is humorous), but at least you the best of it. Good job. ;)

eyup wrote:

I'd say that really quietly if I were you, especially around this community... although personally I am with you 100% on this. Let's keep this to ourselves, eh?

Hehe, that's funny. It makes me giggle inside. I wonder how many J-pop songs there are though. Hmmm...
EiJi

peppy wrote:

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

I wasn't expecting you to merge them. ;) Now, to update my posts...

EDIT: Uh oh, was just reading another thread and saw Eyup say "DO NOT PLACE SLIDER END POINTS AT THE SAME TIME AS SLIDER START POINTS!!!"

I'll need to redo my sliders...

Edit 2: Just read what I pasted and saw he said TIME not position...lol me. False alarm.
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86
(In response to the KenEX Song)

Wow, Sliders. Sliders! Sliders! Anyway, the sliders do have a sort of crazy speed making them very strange, but I can disregard some of the parts because it's the first time. I like the shapes, they're weird, but unique. The loop one I feared was going to fail, but I realized it didn't and went, go figure.

The notes are like your usual Eiji style and flair, and I mean so.

The ending is my favorite part. Those sliders make me somewhat envious. I mean, the fact it pretty much follows the beat, or gives me the impression of it so is cool. And then the other notes following it. Nice job.
EiJi
WOW! Pardon me while I very proudly present what I think is my best map thus far: "Viva Rock" featuring EiJi's newly designed automated clicker! (you'll see what I mean)

Please DO post your comments on this one.
EiJi
Cock. Click. Bump.

Yeah, so I'm redoing my spacing on all maps, using distance spacing for placement. You can tell which one's have been done by reading the info. They're say "Redid Spacing" or so.