forum

Camellia - crystallized [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-mint-
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, September 22, 2019 at 1:37:26 AM

Artist: Camellia
Title: crystallized
Source: osu!
Tags: C89 Comiket 89 CTCD-012 KamelCamellia cametek masaya oya 2015 electronic dnb 東A-85a かめるかめりあ かめてく 大箭将也 大箭マサヤ qqqant featured artist fa
BPM: 174
Filesize: 11295kb
Play Time: 04:21
Difficulties Available:
  1. myself, my voice - 4Key (4.6 stars, 2071 notes)
Download: Camellia - crystallized
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
previous (#2) <-- Beatmap #3 --> next (#4)

listen.

cut and rates

This map was featured in SOFT4 Round of 16.

"myself, my voice" is an LN-based marathon. It follows basic layering concepts - bass on one-handed doubles, and kick/snare on two-handed doubles. However, this difficulty adds more concepts to the table - the usage of LNs. In this difficulty, LN usage is very expressive and freeform, while still adhering to the concepts previously mentioned. There are some wub sounds that are accented with chords that normally wouldn't have chords, because options are limited if one is to avoid dumps. In instances where vocal chops appear, the inverse gap goes from 1/2 to 1/4 as the vocals switch between sound filters. In essence, this difficulty emphasizes beauty and simplicity in its LN patterns.

Releases and two-column inverses make the first part of the map a challenge to hit accurately, up to the preview point. Past the preview point, there are difficult, short inverse streams and releases, intense as the melodious synth is prevalent. After a bit of rest in the slowdown SV section, the difficulty jumps right back in with an LN jumpstream in the kiai, which transitions into a handstream with slightly less LNs for a while. From there, the concepts in the first part of the map make a reprise, while being slightly more difficult. As the song ends the map fades with it, accompanied by slowdown SVs. "myself, my voice" serves as an upper-level LN-style Insane marathon.