forum

Yoko Shimomura - Battle With Smithy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
An64fan
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on April 7, 2009 at 4:55:30 PM

Artist: Yoko Shimomura
Title: Battle With Smithy
Tags: Super Mario RPG legend of the seven stars boss fight
BPM: 133.4
Filesize: 3402kb
Play Time: 01:42
Difficulties Available:
  1. Vs. Croco (1.88 stars, 70 notes)
  2. Vs. Culex (4.98 stars, 271 notes)
  3. Vs. Smilax (4.29 stars, 140 notes)
  4. Vs. Smithy (4.78 stars, 188 notes)
Download: Yoko Shimomura - Battle With Smithy
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Thank you foul~ ^^

Oh, right. Well, here's that awesome boss music for our second-last boss of Super Mario RPG. I think everything's right (aside from not having colours or a bg yet, though Zatoichi wanted me to get this uploaded alread :P).

Edit: Added a background, set combo colours, and renamed one of the difficulties.
Edit: Made some slight changes to the last combo in Vs. Culex. Also fixed a few hitsounds I forgot.
Edit: Structural adjustment on Vs. Hammer Bros., which has also been renamed.
Edit (Dec.20): Made changes to a few parts on Vs. Culex which I KNOW everyone hates. You know, to make them less horribly evil (since I don't think Culex is really that evil :P).
Edit (Jan.16): Miscellaneous little changes, specifically to Vs. Croco and Vs. Smilax.
Edit (Feb.22): Adjusted a couple of streams in vs. Culex.
Edit: Made adjustments to combos on all difficulties.
Edit (Feb.27): Pushed the Difficulty on vs. Culex down a notch.
Edit (Apr.7): Pushed up the volume a little bit, as vytal brought it up.
Edit: More fixes vytal mentioned.
Zerostarry
VS. Culex is unreasonable :/

Croco:
You haven't double checked this difficulty after changing timing, there are mistakes that are too obvious to point out.
00:55:89 (1) - Bad slider art, stretch out a little, so you can see the path
01:27:60 (3) - Add a repeat

Smilax:
This seems more like a hard
00:50:71 (1,2,3,4,5) - Bad

Thats all i checked for now, gonna look at others later
Topic Starter
An64fan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
subspace5000
Vs Croco and Vs Smilax are fairly solid from what I can see (apart from that star-shaped slider), but the harder two difficulties are borderline unplayable. In my opinion. you should cut the culex beatmap and creat another one to place in between the smilax and smithy beatmaps.
Topic Starter
An64fan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Larto
Meep

Multiple backgrounds maybeeh?

Croco, Smilax and Smithy are fine

Culex:
00:40:82 (5,6,7,8) - On that stream the slider is totally hidden and it's really hard to see what's going on with the slider :S

Culex is incredibly hard, right.
What about
Hardware Store
We Are
Crazy Motorcycle Chase
Cackletta Soul Battle
Hamatte

:O
Topic Starter
An64fan
minyeob
Hit marks are Ugly. But that's no problem

[Vs. Smithy]
19:681(8)-> New combo.(?)
33:642(6)-> Clap.

Culex is hard.
So, how about adding New combos on Culex? That makes easier to pass.

Nice work. Star'd
Topic Starter
An64fan
Lesjuh

sort of pro test xD
It was on first try and i think it's playable, however i request the overall difficulty a little lower. This map is similiar to halfire peaks wich was awesome too :D
star
Topic Starter
An64fan
Okay, then, I've dropped the Overall Difficulty a notch. It now matches vs. Smithy for Difficulty. Thanks for your time lesjuh. :)

*Updated*
ZaxCG2
I love this! Needs to be Ranked!

Hooray for fellow SMRPG fans!
Topic Starter
An64fan
Thanks. Even without many tips suggested to me by some, it really makes me glad that my maps are liked, and it's a real confidence-booster when someone expresses that they enjoy them. :)
Zatoichi
Larto
Bubbled!
Wojjan
Your difficulty names are a little weird. Since this is a Vs. Smithy, why not make them his various forms?

Treasure Head(= Croco)
Mask Head(=Smilax)
Tank Head(= Smithy)
Magic Head(= Culex)

Another possibility is his skills:
Respectively:
Sledge
Mega Drain
Meteor Swarm
Arrow Rain

Or go for the standard EHIN.
Also, great map, Grr at Culex, star for you!

Don't give me kudosu, I'm not worthy
YellowerYoshi
Epic song is epic. <3

Anyways, I really like what I see so far. One general thing I'd say is to up the hitsound volume a bit, it's much to quiet and gets overpowered by the song's amazing bass. I'd also agree with Wojjan in that the difficulty names are a bit misleading since this is a Smithy battle theme. I was half expecting to hear Culex's theme pop on on Insane.

I dunno that I really have any specific complaints about note patterns or such. I'm hard pressed to find anything I dislike. The note patterns are very nicely done and everything fits. Have a star.

Although I didn't really help much did I? Haha...
vytalibus
Rankidoodledoo.