forum

Multiplayer option to not raise score after failing

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Delta_old
I thought it would be nice if osu! had an option for the host to set in a multiplayer game to decide whether after a player fails if his score can still go up. I myself don't think that a player's score should still be able to go up after they've failed (but still allow them to play of course). Since I know not everyone would agree with me, I thought simply an option for the host to set would be the best thing to do. Not to mention that if the idea in my topic here is implemented, then there wouldn't even be a problem spectating since you don't have to worry about playing if the option is turned on. The only reason I thought of this is because I noticed in other music games your score stays the same after you fail a song, regardless of how many notes you hit afterwards. Of course, osu! does not have to be like every other rhythm game, but an extra option doesn't hurt :P
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gemi
I think this scoring option would allow for some interesting competition between players when someone might not be able to complete a certain difficult part of a map but does otherwise quite well.
peppy
i dont understand.. are you saying they shouldn't enter the "failed" status at all? just have their score stop?
Gemi
No, I mean that this new scoring option would effectively be a "no fail" mod, so that your score still keeps rising as usual regardless of your life bar going to zero and you can even win people who haven't failed.
peppy
Turn on nofail mod :P
Gemi

peppy wrote:

Turn on nofail mod :P
Shows how out of touch I am with multplayer. :P