forum

The Scrantones - The Office Theme

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
0_o
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on March 20, 2009 at 7:59:10 PM

Artist: The Scrantones
Title: The Office Theme
Source: The Office (American)
Tags: office theme
BPM: 170
Filesize: 1276kb
Play Time: 00:28
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2,97 stars, 45 notes)
  2. Normal (4,44 stars, 57 notes)
  3. Hard (4,96 stars, 87 notes)
  4. Dwight's Challenge (5 stars, 104 notes)
Download: The Scrantones - The Office Theme
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first beatmap!
This is the theme from the American version of The Office. Short and sweet. Enjoy!
CheeseWarlock
BPM's pretty close but not quite there, and the offset is a bit tricky since the song actually begins a bit before the mp3.

BPM: 170.000
Offset: 5,679

And maybe set the grid size to something smaller? Your Distance snap is turning out a bit strange.

Aside from that, just do what you said you were going to in your post. Though it's an odd choice of song given how short it is.
Topic Starter
0_o
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
0_o
b
u
m
p

:D
Topic Starter
0_o
yet another bump
eee
you have 2 pairs of the same difficulty, fix it, delete the duplicate and resubmit with the three you want
oh, and you don't have to bump it, upload the beatmap and check the box "bump this topic" to bump it, k
Topic Starter
0_o
That's the problem, in the song folder there AREN'T any duplicates. I don't know where they came from or how to get rid of them...

I tried full submitting but that didn't work...

and will do with the bumping lol

EDIT: oh.. ok, the problem was there were 2 directories for some reason.. one named The Office Theme Song and the other named The Scrantones - The Office Theme Song. Not sure how that happened, but it's fixed now.
Gens
Good theme. Ahh, it's a bit relaxing you know.

[Overall]
• Oh my, notes aren't snapped. -_- Resnap all notes, at the Timing menu, please.
• I don't understand why did you lose the opportunity of changing to Normal Sampleset in 00:16:97. It would fit alot better IMO. (Of course, only if you lower down a bit the Normal Sampleset)
• The song's pretty short. I like it. :)
• Err, stack leniency needs to be abit higher to get it ranked; I don't know the exact reasons, but mods are saying that.
• I think there is a general lack of Finishes in the entire song. There is only 1 on each diff? Oh man. Sure, there can be more places to put finishes, like at 00:16:97 (If you're not going to change sampleset of course).

Easy's fine.

[Normal]
00:10:62 - feels so lonely without a beat here.
00:14:14 (4) - You might want to stack this beat properly to (2).
00:15:91 (8,9,10,11,12,13) - I don't have any problems with these beats, just sayin' looks a bit ugly with stacking.
00:21:29 (7) - Stack this one too.

[Hard]
I don't have any problems with the jumps. I just hope they are intended.
Also, claps do not sound pretty good. You should relocate them, but I think there are just too many.
00:00:00 (1,3) - whistle? and the repeats too. (Like normal, you know)

To stack just delete the beat and redraw it, or use Distance Snap 0.0x without Grid Snapping. Ta-Da.
You get my fake-starz.

EDIT: You get my real starz!
Topic Starter
0_o
Done :)

Thanks!
minyeob
Use [New combo] !
19,20 is too high

[Hard]
10:798(7),(8)--> make closer from (6).
25:780(9)--> New combo.
26:151(10)--> New combo.
27:208(15)--> New combo.
27:555(16)--> New combo.

I'll give you a homework(?)
Use a New combo properly on [Dwight's Challenge].
Good luck~
Topic Starter
0_o
Done :) Thanks!
CheeseWarlock
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
0_o
aww, you don't like my orchestra of hitsounds? lol fine, tuned them down a little bit. I only touched the claps in hard, but if you really want me to i could *sigh* get rid of some of the whistles too.

fixed medium, and I'll get to insane in a bit, my mouse is out of battery and i don't have any AAA's lying around (and mapping with the trackpad sucks lol)

thanks for the star :D

EDIT: Fixed Dwight :)
Sushi
Funny short map

[Easy]
Nothing to say

[Normal]
00:11:67 (1) - Intended Jump? if yes I think it should be further.

[Hard]
00:08:14 (1) - Following far away notes, and spacing weirdly changing. I know it's esthetic but...
00:22:96 (1) - ^

[Dwight]
Nothing to say

Yeah! ;)
Topic Starter
0_o
00:11:67 (1) - Intended Jump? if yes I think it should be further.
Wasn't intending for a jump, but I moved that note anyway.

00:08:14 (1) - Following far away notes, and spacing weirdly changing. I know it's esthetic but...
00:22:96 (1) - ^
Changed the second one, but I do really kind of like the first one.. I'm gonna need a second opinion for me to change this.

Thanks! :D
CoolWeirdDude
I really LOVE this bm on Insane!!!! Good Job! I don't know why it says not played yet though.
Topic Starter
0_o
Thank you! :D It was a challenge to make because I can barely pass it myself :P

And I believe it only records the number of plays when it's ranked.
Skyripper
[Easy]
00:06:03 (1) - end of this slider hand clap. (When I say end, I mean select the slider, click the circle the ball ENDS on twice so it turns red)
00:08:50 (4) - ^
00:10:62 (5) - clap
00:12:03 (2) - whole thing clap
00:14:14 (4) - ^
00:14:85 (5,7) - ^
00:28:97 (1) - Move this form the white to the red right before it (so move it from 28:97 to 28:796 and don't bother adjusting the length. It sounds better this way)

^(I think this is all the claps I added... I can't remember)

[Normal]
00:28:97 (1) - Same thing on this spinner as Easy

[Hard]
Personally I think the whistles sound a little out of place. But if you don't, don't change them :)
00:28:97 (1) - Same spinner thing.

[Dwight's Challenge]
Maybe change the black hitcircle. Really, really hard to see.
Same whistle thing here, although, it sounds better in this difficulty for some reason. IDK.
00:28:97 (1) - same. thing.. you'll have to move your timing point a little so it works on the sound... (wait, the timing point doesn't need to be moved, the end of the spinner is after it :P XD)

Really good map though. and I love love the office 8-)

Star from me
Topic Starter
0_o
Alllrightythen

ok, I DID sort of like the whistles in Hard, but that's been an issue with quite a few people so I guess it just sounds better in my head.

:!: WHISTLES REMOVED :!:

Not from Insane though. I'm gonna need a little more convincing to get rid of these. I'll keep your claps and see how I like them, I'm so accustomed to hearing what I had before I just have to get used to it.

I made the black hitcircles a little liighter, personally I don't have a problem seeing them, but that may be because I know the map pretty well lol

And spinners are fixed; Insane I just made it cut 1/2 short instead or moving it back because I felt the spinner came up too quickly otherwise.

Thanks! And yes, the office is pretty much awesome 8-)
CheeseWarlock
This is turning out pretty well.

Woo I got 63% accuracy on Dwight's Challenge. BTW, make that timing section inherited.

Time for No More Mister Nice Guy modding. (Like I do anything else?)

Some things aren't snapped. Resnap all notes, make sure everything's in its right place. It's only a few milliseconds, but that difference sort of defeats the purpose of having a well-timed map.

This map as a whole still suffers from a bit of hitsound abuse. When I went to mod this I was using the Elite Beat Osu! skin, and it sounded really awkward. Optimally, the user's skin choice shouldn't make the map play inherently worse.

The other thing that you could do is improve the note placement and slider shapes; Hard is pretty nice but other difficulties seem randomly placed at times. Though that's sort of hard to define, and I wouldn't let anything in particular stop this from being ranked.
show more