forum

Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Suntorvic
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on jeudi 19 mars 2009 at 20:44:24

Artist: Buggles
Title: Video Killed The Radio Star
BPM: 131,03
Filesize: 13586kb
Play Time: 03:13
Difficulties Available:
  1. Internet Star (4,91 stars, 474 notes)
  2. Normal (3,56 stars, 230 notes)
  3. Radio Star (Easy) (1,96 stars, 183 notes)
  4. Video Star (Hard) (4,59 stars, 323 notes)
Download: Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star
Download: Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first beatmap :P
Added Normal and Insane
18/01: Fixed timing, spacing in Hard and a few tweaks in Hard and Normal. I think I'll have to fix Easy and Insane then.
24/01: Easy remapped.
1/02: Internet Star remade from scratch ! whoah !!!!!!
3/02: many fixes, thanks to Inozuma
11/02: some changes in Hard and Normal
13/03: some other changes thanks to MetalMario201
CheeseWarlock
Very impressive for a first-time mapper.

First off, the timing's pretty close, but needs fixing. I ended up with two timing sections:
BPM: 131.035
Offset: 214

BPM: 131.150
Offset: 150,402

[Video Star (Hard)]
This was overall the best-mapped difficulty, but it has a lot of inconsistency in spacing. It was easy enough for me to follow, but it's messy and doesn't add anything to the map. Sliders like 01:18:06 (4,5) aren't allowed to overlap this much, and things like 00:35:47 (2) look and play terrible. 03:03:37 (3) needs to be resnapped.

[Normal]
00:16:93 - The verses are mapped too much on the off-beat.
00:58:60 (1,2,3) - None of this should be using 1/4 snap.

[Radio Star (Easy)]
[Internet Star]
Both these difficulties suffer from a lot of issues in terms of awkward playing: too many parts don't really flow with the music. It's a good sign that this is my main complaint with these difficulties (though I didn't look into them with too much depth...)

I can take a closer look at the errors when you fix the timing and maybe remap some parts. All in all, this is off to a good start, and I'd love to see this song fixed and eventually ranked.
Topic Starter
Suntorvic
Thank you for your advices and everything :P

By parts that didn't really flow do you mean things like the part that suddenly stop following the lyrics in Internet Star at 00:34:447 ? (in Easy I think I see what can be wrong though)

Anyway I'll try to fix as much as I can.
LimeGreenTeknii
This is very very good for anyone's first beatmap, but however, everyone's first isn't perfect. I have to say that this isn't good enough to be ranked, but keep practicing and you could be a master beatmapper! Keep trying and don't discouraged!
Topic Starter
Suntorvic
Okay, thank you. ಠ_ಠ
mm201
This is a decent map; it just needs a little work.

On all difficulties, there was some blah stuff right at the very beginning (just one note on most difficulties). Please nix that and begin the map at 0:16:933. There's a simiar thing going on at the end, with a long spinner spinning off into oblivion. Again, I'd end it a bit earlier and have the final spinner run from around 3:10:661 (can begin a couple beats earlier if desired) to 3:14:321.

On Internet Star (and the other difficulties, but less so), long parts of stuff just seemed to be random patterns not really synched to much of anything, eg. 02:04:13 (5) to 02:06:93 (6). Try to be more creative at these parts while still matching with the music.
fufe
I have consistency issues with many places on this map. Internet Star was rediculous in that there was no theme or style to the mapping. You got fast streams of death that go with the beats or the lyrics sometimes if its a thursday and only if tehy feel like it. then patterns that match some beats but then extend off to freestyle land again. Im not sure what the objective is so I couldnt put a good play by play mod in.

hard
00:28:60 (2) - I dont like how the first "Oh" is a slider but the second "Oh" which sounds the same is a hit then a slider. Its almost the exact same sound so it should be mapped the same imo.
00:46:00 (1) - Same thing. I think it sounds better if u shorten 1/4 to end on the white tick.
02:07:50 (9) - sounds terrible ._. id take it out.. but if u wanna keep it. repeat it one more time so that it matches the beat of the combo.
02:47:78 (13,1) - distance snap changed?
03:02:42 (2) - end 1/2 beat earlier.

normal
00:16:69 (1,2,3,4) - back 1/2
00:32:49 (3,4) - feels mean to hide hits under this slider on a normal map.. was very difficult for me to read anyhow.
02:04:30 (1) - back 1/4
02:13:91 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4) - i really dont understand your mapping style here. most of your hits follow lyrics but once you make them into sliders they extend to a beat or lyric that doesnt exist in the song. the Green combo in here goes further to ignore a bunch of lyrics even tho you technically overmapped the area before it. I actually feel this way about most parts of the map.

Ill stop here because ill be repeating myself if I go on. Its not a bad start and has a bunch of fun segments. I think there is a lot of over/undermapped areas as well tho.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.