forum

Eeep, wrong file type!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mashley
So, for my next beatmap, I decided to make a medley (Videlectrix if anyone cares) so I threw the individual MP3s together in windows movie maker, and the file comes out as a WMA. Fantastic. Osu can't work with this, so I threw it into Audacity and changed it into an ogg file. And then it's just a wierd 'whoosh' sound. So, can someonehelp me?
I hope I posted this in the right forum...
roleykatsu
I never used Movie Maker before (mine doesnt work so...T.T) so this info might be useless :oops:

But, when you saved it, was there a Save As window that appeared and has the "Save As Type" Drop-Down or something like that?

There could have been a Save As Type: MP3 file in the dropdown.

I dont know, dont trust me completly, remember my WMV does not work at all so this info could be rather useless.

*Sigh*, well good luck. :?
An64fan
Tell me. Did you just import all the audio files? If you did, that's what's wrong. Make sure to get all your audio onto one track, and take out any extra tracks. You can do that by selecting the whole track and copy-and-pasting at the end of your main track. I don't know a quick way to do this without the copy/paste method, though, but I'm sure there is one.

When you're done, hit Export as MP3 or Export as Ogg Vorbis and you should be good, for the most part.

(this is in Audacity btw)
nardii
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.