forum

Kevin Ridel - Without a Fight

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
m980
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.---------------
Credits to iNiS. If you like this map, you should find yourself a copy of Elite Beat Agents for the Nintendo DS.
Credits to mm201 for the hitsounds :)

For the full experience, please use the following skin:
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/1884
Do NOT use the HD version.
GladiOol
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
I'm using 2618.
Topic Starter
m980
SB is Finished. Redownload OSZ.

Also. Animations bug makes the first few backgrounds not animate so..

Zerostarry
EBA!

I like this beatmap. I also like waffles. :3 Unless you need to tweak the SB, i dont see why this shouldnt be bubbled.
Topic Starter
m980
Rank Plz :D
Zerostarry
Bubblez
Larto
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
machol30
What? Only sounds are the agents cheering? :(
Also, want preferred skin to be EliteBeatOsu? You can use four different comboburst.png's, but you'd have to have only the comboburst-0.wav to really work, since it wouldn't sound very appealing with all of them.
Storyboard: Pretty good, but section at 1:12 and 1:43, with the 1,2,3, the 3 looks a bit sloppy and a little bit for 2. 1 is fine.

Also, would you mind resnapping all notes to grid? I am always to paranoid about that. If not, then I suppose that's fine, too, but at least fix 01:39:65 (6,7) - in Cruisin'.

Breezin':
00:47:98 (3,3) - Asymmetrical. Not very important, but would like to see fix (or not is fine too). :D
01:37:32 (1,2,3,4) - 1+2 are closer than the rest of the combo is spaced.

Cruisin':
Fine.

Sweatin'/HARD ROCK! (actually first letter is capitalized only on the first letter "Hard ROCK!", but that's besides the point):
01:37:32 (1,2,3,4) - 1+2 and 3+4 are spaced farther than 2+3 is.

Oh, Lardo and Zerostarry ninja post me and bubbles. >:( Reduce to star anywayz. Heh, heh...
mm201
This map really needs some semi-authentic hitnoises:

Download: Kevin Ridel - Without a Fight (m980) [Sweatin'].osu
...and: http://up.ppy.sh/files/woaf_hitnoises.rar

If you like the idea, I can do the other difficulties as well.
Topic Starter
m980
MM201 and I talked about this on IRC.

I didn't want to load MM201 with work, but he insisted.. >.>

So..

Pending MM201's Mixes
mm201
Hitnoises finished! :)

Download: Kevin Ridel - Without a Fight (m980) [Breezin'].osu
Download: Kevin Ridel - Without a Fight (m980) [Cruisin'].osu
Download: Kevin Ridel - Without a Fight (m980) [HARD ROCK!].osu
Plus: http://up.ppy.sh/files/wofnoises2.rar (Only the ones I've changed are here. Tried to make the "strong hit" a little more accurate.)

Hard Rock is your file with sections and hit objects (flipped) from Sweatin', so the storyboarding should be intact.

Sinistro
Is drain really 5 for all difficulties?

Some sfx (like shuffling cards or tapping fingers in the intro) are missing, but I expect you know that.

Modding on authentic placement:

Breezin'
01:24:98 (3) and 02:12:98 (3): the tops of these are under the hp bar, and it's kind of ugly. Lower them just enough for this not to happen.

Cruisin'
Similarly, lower slightly sliders whose tops are hidden by the hp bar.
Larto

Download: Globus - Europa (Instrumental) (Magicphoenix) [Italia].osu
RemmyX25
I need to take a look at this with my brother's DS and EBA tomorrow for authenticity, but the YEA HEY WOO sounds in [Crusin'] do not exactly sound correct. In fact, there are places where two words are said at the same time... forget that, my laptop sucks bricks.

Also, I added a few things to my copy of this map. It's not much, but I thought it would help with authenticity.Download: eba combobursts.zip
mm201

RemmyX25 wrote:

I need to take a look at this with my brother's DS and EBA tomorrow for authenticity, but the YEA HEY WOO sounds in [Crusin'] do not exactly sound correct. In fact, there are places where two words are said at the same time...

Also, I added a few things to my copy of this map. It's not much, but I thought it would help with authenticity.[attachment=0:dd51e]eba combobursts.zip[/attachment:dd51e]
Yeah + Whoo = Yahoo? :P

LH was saying something about the "heavy hit" sound (and those based on it) not being very good in chat. Any specifics so I can improve it?

UserStarred.
Zekira
Rolled
Auth checks out, timing checks out, snapping etc etc.

Consider it ranked~
Zerostarry
Remco32
Map so awesome :D

show more