forum

Controller.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
laterz
hey maybe a controller like for Taiko mode like the rockband controller... or am i being to complicated (sorry if this post is already there.) would it be a good idea? BTW Like the game it's awesome
LuigiHann
It has been suggested before, but in general the response is: "Use something like Joy2Key."

Still it would be kind of neat and convenient for the game to have built-in USB gamepad support.
Topic Starter
laterz
Oh ok that would be cool if there was a controller like that to this
foulcoon
It's not like peppy is gonna manufacture and sell peripherals to a free online game... It's not exactly realistic.

Basically using a controller adapter with a controller you already own is the closest you can get for now.
awp
I just set up my GHWT drums for Taiko mode. It took like 5 or 10 minutes to figure it out, but oddly enough, I think Taiko might have some trouble with multiple timing sections or something - beatmaps that sounded in-time in regular gameplay felt early in Taiko. I'll have to investigate it later; it might just be the drumset input lag.
Donjo
I agree that there should be built in USB Joypad support. Not exactly for drums, per se, but it would be awesome to be able to use a controller for Catch the Beat and Taiko. It wouldn't be conventional for regular play, however... :(
LuigiHann

awp wrote:

I just set up my GHWT drums for Taiko mode. It took like 5 or 10 minutes to figure it out, but oddly enough, I think Taiko might have some trouble with multiple timing sections or something - beatmaps that sounded in-time in regular gameplay felt early in Taiko. I'll have to investigate it later; it might just be the drumset input lag.
Yeah I had similar problems with my RB2 drums, I think it is input lag.
Gemi
It's most definitely an input lag problem. We discussed input and audio syncing one late night with peppy and as far as I understood there might be separate sync values for separate input devices later on.