forum

Performance Mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Larto
Just a random idea that popped into my head:

We could have a Performance mod :3
Explaination: It's a mod that, depending on your performance, makes other mods harder. Of course, the score multiplier you get for the mods alone also increases.
It's usable ONLY with other mods.

Used with Hard Rock: (Multiplier: 1,12
- While your combo rises, the circles slowly become smaller, the HP Drain kills you faster and the Overall Difficulty rises.

Used with Double Time: (Multiplier: 1,24)
- While your combo rises, the song slowly plays faster until a specific value.

Used with Hidden: (Multiplier: 1,12)
- While your combo rises, the circles are shown for a smaller amount of time until they almost fully disappear.

Used with Flashlight: (Multiplier: 1,18)
- While your combo rises, less "followpoint.png"s would be shown.

It can't be used with Sudden Death because Sudden Death doesn't give a score multiplier and you can't make Sudden Death harder (Except you get killed by 100s and 50s, too, but as far as I know, that's a mod that's a mod that'll be added in the future).

So, what do you say?

EDIT: Lol "that's a mod that's a mod"

Download: lol - wut (poisonchan) [Hard].osu
Echo
kiss, imo
Card N'FoRcE
So this is like a "boost" for other mods, right?
I really like the idea <3

Larto wrote:

It can't be used with Sudden Death because Sudden Death doesn't give a score multiplier and you can't make Sudden Death harder (Except you get killed by 100s and 50s, too, but as far as I know, that's a mod that's a mod that'll be added in the future).
Well, since it's a mod that was proposed many times but not yet implemented, it would be perfect to add this "all 300s" as Sudden Death + this mod you thought of.
nintendoto
this mod looks so nice once you imagine it! :)

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

So this is like a "boost" for other mods, right?
I really like the idea <3

Larto wrote:

Well, since it's a mod that was proposed many times but not yet implemented, it would be perfect to add this "all 300s" as Sudden Death + this mod you thought of.
and i go with you Card N'FoRcE!
Elyk_old
Flashlight mod already does that.
Topic Starter
Larto
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Real1
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
ThePassingShadow
Too complicated.
Topic Starter
Larto
devkit4384
peppy
ThePassingShadow

peppy wrote:

Nothing is too complicated to code. He means too complicated as a game rule. It doesn't really sound that fun either?
He's right. Sounds too complicated for my taste.
Olinad
It may be implemented as an unranked mod maybe, as I think it would be unfair in online rankings... It's just for fun!
FurukawaPan
Shorter songs scores could be artificially inflated as they'd be over before the game got too hard, meanwhile, longer songs would be completely impossible.

I really don't see how this up's the fun level. If you want more options than hard-rock and double-time, maybe consider super-hard-rock with ultra-tiny circles/ lightening fast approach circles, and triple-time? :twisted: