forum

Super Smash Bros. 64 - Hammer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jim258
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 at 11:55:30 PM

Artist: Hirokazu Ando
Title: Hammer
Tags: Super Smash Bros. 64
BPM: 179.33
Filesize: 410kb
Play Time: 00:20
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.55 stars, 14 notes)
  2. Insane (5 stars, 87 notes)
  3. Normal (4.79 stars, 44 notes)
Download: Hirokazu Ando - Hammer
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
The Hammer Song from Super Smash Bros. 64.

Added a background.

Will fix the sounds so it sounds better.
Will add more to the easy difficulty.

What else should I do?

Thanks!
AceOfArrows
First try at modding; I see this map is short, so I think that's a good place for me to start.

Easy
0:12.685: This slider should probably be a tad further away from the end of the previous one.
0:14.024: Move this a bit to the left.
0:15.364: Too far from the previous circle. Two possible solutions here: reorient the slider or reposition it.
0:18.043: I'd put this a bit farther down.
0:19.383: Move down to the same horizontal level you moved the previous note to, and move it to the left.
0:23.402: End your spinner here. That makes it a bit short, I know, but that way it will last a proper number of beats. That, or add another 4 beats to the spinner if you can.

Normal
0:10.673: (1) Too close to the end of the slider that comes before it.
0:12.348: (3) Unless you intended to do this on purpose, it is too far from where the (2) slider ends.
0:13.018: (2) Too far from the end of the (1) slider.
0:13.688: (4) ^ Same thing ^
0:19.718: (2) I'd put this a bit closer to the end of the (1) slider.
0:20.723: (1) Too far from the end of the previous combo's slider.
0:23.402: (Sp) Same solution as Easy.

Insane
0:07.449: (2) You really shouldn't do this. The spacing between the end of this slider and the next (3) note will confuse people. Fix this.
0:09.836: (1) Moving this down two grid notches will result in happiness.
0:11.469: (2) First item I listed for Insane, you did it again here! Fix it here somehow too.
0:15.489: (2) Again! FIX IT!!
0:18.169: (2) I will not have these twos prancing about incorrectly all day! FIX THIS!!!
0:20.514: (9) Move this down as I described in the 0:09.836 entry.
0:23.402: (Sp) Same thing as Easy/Normal.

Edit: Also, you can't manually add the Skip button; it will add itself automatically when someone plays it if there's enough intro time before the beginning of the song.
Topic Starter
jim258
OK- I made those changes.

Can someone revive this so I can update?
Soarele_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
YoshiKart
I don't mean to disappoint you, but I doubt that a 20 second song that repeats 18 notes will be ranked. But I may be wrong. This could get into the approved section if this is the greatest it can be.

This is what I got for timing:
179.325 BPM
5,984 ms offset

Also, I'd rather you sync the timing with all difficulties, then change Easy's slider velocity as you see fit.

Kudos to your Insane. I really like it. :D

EDIT: If you want to get real technical with the metadata, change the artist to "Hirokazu Ando" and put Super Smash Bros. 64 as a tag. Do a full submit the next time you update this. :)
Topic Starter
jim258
Thanks- I tried the new time and it seems to work, and I changed the tempo of the easy to match the others'.
Soaprman
Excellent choice of song. osu! needs more stupid songs like this. :)

You should add a background image. Make it look more exciting!

Easy
Nothing really wrong here, but you might want to add a bit more to it. I get the feeling that even novice players would find this boring to play.

Normal
00:10:668 (2): Add a finish hitsound here to make it match with this part in the previous stanza.
00:19:367 (1): Extend the end of this slider to make it the same length as 2,3,4 in this same combo.

Insane
A huge amount of very minor timing adjustments had to made. Instead of listing all of them, I went ahead and did these for you. Just replace the osu file with the one I'm attaching.

Download: Hirokazu Ando - Hammer (jim258) [Insane].osu
konan-yoshi999
I think you should add a little more to "easy" still..
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.