forum

Evanescence - Forgive me

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Olinad
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on venerdì 17 ottobre 2008 at 21.59.44

Artist: Evanescence
Title: Forgive me
BPM: 57,5
Filesize: 6941kb
Play Time: 02:09
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0,92 stars, 81 notes)
  2. Normal (1,45 stars, 140 notes)
Download: Evanescence - Forgive me
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Corrected! (17 - 18 October 2008 - Depending on the time zone)

Hope you'll Like it :)
peppy
Great job on this one.

I know I already discussed with you about fixing the timing on this. I can only find one fault on a quick check over the new version - a slider at 00:45:90 is too short.

Also, it seems as though all three versions have the same beat patterns. If you make multiple difficulties, it is best to change the patters rather than change the difficulty settings themselves. This kind of difficulty change can be done by applying the 'Easy' mod during gameplay, and is shunned upon.

So in short, either remove two of the difficulties, or work on the patterns to make them unique in each version.

I think even with one version this would be rankable, but that's up to you.

As a minor comment, I felt as though that your "overall difficulty" setting was too high compared to the slider sliding speed. Notes appear with some urgency, but then you get to a slider and its zzz. You might want to change this (I am referring to your Normal mode settings).
Topic Starter
Olinad
I'll be really busy till friday, then in the Weekend I will probably be able to edit this one and I think I'll make another beatmap for the easy version, maybe making the normal a bit harder in the first part...

Thanks ^^
Topic Starter
Olinad
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
MaxwellDemon
Is the offset supposed to set to 0? ^^;

I found 16,780 to work very well... but peppy is better at this than me, so... :P
Anyway, try it out, resnap the notes and check manually. :)

Also, it is my personal preference, but the slider seems to be a tad too slow. Just a bit faster would be better in my opinion. XD
Topic Starter
Olinad
Now it should be ok ;)
Topic Starter
Olinad
:D UP! Other corrections, can you see mistakes, do you like it...?
chan
Ok, could use some distance/beat spacing action. An example in easy is @ 00:20:86, there are different times between notes 5, 6, 7 and 8 but they are all placed the same distance apart, which is a bit confusing. This happens quite a lot throughout the song.

The entire combo at 01:01:30 looks like it's 1/4 of a beat ahead of the song.

Pretty long break at around 02:15:00, maybe you could just end the song after the spinner? I couldn't really heard the music after the break anyway, and there are only like 6 notes.
Topic Starter
Olinad
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
done
Topic Starter
Olinad
Can anyone try and judge it? It would be much appreciated.. thx :)
Diasios
Topic Starter
Olinad

Lukignolo wrote:

I'll write in italian because Olinad is italian (and because I'm italian,too :lol:)

Ti "aiuto" io, ti "aiuto" io xD
Allora, per cominciare, mi ha insegnato Fabio (detto Card N'FoRcE) che bisogna mettere le note ad una certa distanza l'un dall'altra se stanno a tempi diversi. Usa il "Distance Snap" e regola la lontananza fra le note tenendo premuto "Alt Gr" e modificando la distanza regolando il coso che spunta in alto a destra.
Poi, la difficoltà easy è fatta bene, anche se ha una spaziatura parzialmente corretta, la difficoltà normal forse la potrei paragonare all'easy :roll: cambia qualcosa, rendila + complessa. Ah, in quest'ultimo livello di difficoltà c'è una pausa che non finisce mai (da 2:15:00 a 2:45:00 da quanto mi ricordo :? ) perchè non concludi la canzone lì come hai fatto con la difficoltà easy? Per 4 note in + non cambia niente :lol:
Questo è quanto, buon lavoro :D
I got back on this song after something like 8 months and I'm trying to get it ranked... so I'll try to correct the mistakes you showed me months ago. First of all I want to thank chan for posting :)

chan wrote:
Ok, could use some distance/beat spacing action. An example in easy is @ 00:20:86, there are different times between notes 5, 6, 7 and 8 but they are all placed the same distance apart, which is a bit confusing. This happens quite a lot throughout the song.

That's because The beatmap is really geometric and follows squared or lined patterns... I'm not sure I'd like changing it to make it feel more natural, but anyway, if someone else thinks the same as chan maybe I'll do it... Anyway, I stopped doing this in the new beatmap I'm working on right now :D

Quote:
The entire combo at 01:01:30 looks like it's 1/4 of a beat ahead of the song.

You're right, In the editor it looked fine but playing is a great mess... Now it should be fine

Quote:
Pretty long break at around 02:15:00, maybe you could just end the song after the spinner? I couldn't really hear the music after the break anyway, and there are only like 6 notes.

I really like the ending and I wanted it to be heard and not to be skipped or cutted by rankings... I think I'll just cut it out of the easy version and mantain it in the normal one.
Mi han già detto le stesse cose e ho già risposto... Il finale mi piace così, mentre la mappa è particolarmente simmetrica e la vorrei lasciare così... grazie comunque :)
Diasios
Card N'FoRcE
Topic Starter
Olinad
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.