forum

Bust a Groove - Flyin' To Your Soul

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vytalibus
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, January 08, 2009 at 8:25:25 PM

Artist: Bust a Groove
Title: Flyin' To Your Soul
BPM: 140
Filesize: 2293kb
Play Time: 02:07
Difficulties Available:
  1. Chillin'!! (3.8 stars, 135 notes)
  2. Cool! (2.21 stars, 89 notes)
  3. FREEZE!!! (5 stars, 327 notes)
Download: Bust a Groove - Flyin' To Your Soul
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This song is Robo-Z's theme song from Bust a Groove, which is a classic music/dancing game for the PlayStation.
Zekira
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
vytalibus

Zekira wrote:

[FREEZE!!!]
00:11:512(1,2,3,4,5) -- I get the pattern, but somehow I think it's a spacing issue.
I honestly think it's not such an issue. I've seen maps with very far jumps.
01:08:512 (1-1-1-1-1-1,2) -- mind the spacing of the 2... especially since the 1 makes too much noise lol.
It's still spaced good. It only looks farther than it seems because of the way I made a tall triangle on the pattern.
01:22:012 (12,13,14) -- 13 somehow comes vaguely... if it wasn't a slider I would've hit a 50 on it O_O
I guess the previous hitcircles covered it. Edited.
Mogsy
I took a quick look at FREEZE!! before leaving, so I'll post this while the car is warming up.

From what I saw, it seemed like it was obscenely quick with devilish spacing I want to just shatter. Sure, there have been maps with large spacing/jumps, but it seemed like the distance you wanted us to traverse in 1/4 a beat was too much. Or at least that's my first impression. Expect a detailed look when I get back/when I get back to it.
ignorethis
I only tried freeze, finding it's CRAZY, and I gave up.

If you give this map to EVA-X or abalee et al, they will fuck this map to hell, one of my map ended up like that.

...The combos are too FAR AWAY, especially the nearest ones, they are not near enough for people to click, and you even put more than 4 of them in a line, that's...許さない!

Example: 0:26:941, from 12 to 19.

Besides that everything look good.
FluffRat
Timing seems to be good.

[FREEZE!!!] was pretty good on Catch the Beat; I'd say a nice 8 in that mode.

If all you have is a tiny image for the background the game will upscale your image for you. Osu!'s resize algorithm isn't bad as far as such things go. I would assume that hardly anybody cares about wasting 400K or so on a resized thumbnail pic, but in the future it is something to keep in mind.

[Cool!] and [Chillin'!!]
No edits...

[FREEZE!!!]
00:00:37 (1) - Yes, it is a 10 second spinner and people might still clear it if they miss the first part of it, but a lead-in would make it a lot more palatable.
00:25:44 (3) - Hard to see under the clutter, consider straightening this combo up a little.
00:43:01 (9) - This might be a better place for the next combo to start due to clutter.
00:44:94 (12) - This is totally unreadable under the clutter.
00:45:58 (3,4) - ^
01:22:87 (1,2,7) - (7) is obscured by (2). Since (7) is a more important hit than (2) consider moving (1, 2) down and left.
01:25:44 (6,8) - If the player is watching their cursor (and on a map this fast you kinda have to) then by the time they get here there's no way to see if 6 or 8 is the slider.
01:26:51 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This is even hard to read in half-time.
01:28:44 (5,6,7,8,9,10) - ^
02:02:94 (13,14,15,16,17) - Hard to see where to click with all that clutter on top.

*** Style notes: ***
00:34:12 (11,12,13) - Probably allowable since it is distance snapped, but very mean this early in the song.
00:45:90 (5,6,7,8) - This pattern at this speed is kind of a crap shoot in terms of whether people can read it or not, especially on first play-through. You're not really giving them a whole heck of a lot of time to read which way it flows.
Sinistro
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Mogsy
minyeob
Bust a Groove song!!

I want to play it :(

Next time please make another character's theme song. :)
Topic Starter
vytalibus

minyeob wrote:

Bust a Groove song!!

I want to play it :(

Next time please make another character's theme song. :)
I'd love to, but I'm clueless as to whose song should I do next. I guess Gas-O's theme song (Chemical Love) is the closest mappable, but I hate that song.