forum

High score glitch

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FoxNotRose
I was playing "Wada Kouji - Butterfly" on easy. It took me a long time, but I finally had the entire map memorized enough that I could get SS with hard rock, hidden, and flashlight on. I've done this 3 times now, and I should have the #1 record, but I don't, due to OSU glitching. :(

The first time I (finally) did it, the part where it says it's retrieving the score data took FOREVER. Finally, I got annoyed, and pressed the "close" at the bottom. I should have the #1 score, but it didn't register officially. It only registerd on my local plays. The video didn't save.

So I played it again a few times until I got the SS again. This time I waited approximately an hour until it finally retrieved the data from the site. When this finally happenned, it said that I'd previously achieved a higher local score, and didn't register it as the new highest score, even though it should have been. This time, I saved the video.

Then CheeseWarlock got back from sushi (he lives in my residence), and I made him watch me play it until I beat the #1 record again. I beat it with one imperfect beat (100 instead of 300), but it still earned a higher score than what was previously the number one ranked score. It (again) took forever to go through the retrieving scores thing. It again said I had a higher record. It again didn't register it as the new high score. Sorry, I don't have a video of this one.

So then, I play it again, just to show him that I can get absolutely perfect, AND I DID IT. And, AGAIN, it takes forever to retrieve the scores, and again it tells me I've had a higher local score (even though it said at the top that it was my #1 local score. CheeseWarlock was the one to point that out). I have this video.

If need be, I'll beat it again. I can do it. I just don't want it to glitch again, and all my hard work be for naught. I attached the two videos I have exported.

Download: FoxNotRose - Wada Kouji - Butterfly [Easy] (2009-01-10) OsuStandard.osr
Download: FoxNotRose - Wada Kouji - Butterfly [Easy] (2009-01-11) OsuStandard.osr

Hope this can be fixed. Thanks!
~FoxNotRose

peppy
Should be fixed now. There was a problem with the server's mail system. Try again please.
Topic Starter
FoxNotRose
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.