forum

osu! sound additions make songs epic

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
In this thread: name a beatmap in osu! that has changed your perception of a song you previously knew permanently due to the beatmap creator's AWESOME placement of sound additions or use of custom sounds.

One Republic - Apologize (Slezak)

A popular choice amongst my karaoke-going friends.. I always end up singing the custom sounds where they should be. The song feels empty without them.
Starrodkirby86
Naofumi Hataya - Spaceport: Introducing Ulala! (LuigiHann)

Listening to the song without those custom sounds make it feel empty...It really changes the atomsphere...
YoshiKart
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
RemmyX25
Topic Starter
peppy

YoshiKart wrote:

TWEWY OST - Déjà vu (awp) is epic with the actual game's sounds, even before you play TWEWY.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ_NKPgGo9Q <- oh so relevent (read the latest comments).
adam2046
You're The Inspiration, I think it sounds absolutely crap without the sounds.
YoshiKart

peppy wrote:

YoshiKart wrote:

TWEWY OST - Déjà vu (awp) is epic with the actual game's sounds, even before you play TWEWY.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ_NKPgGo9Q <- oh so relevent (read the latest comments).

Ooookay, maybe I lied. Heh heh...
Tell everyone to play TWEWY before playing Déjà vu on osu!...
Yuukari-Banteki

RemmyX25 wrote:

EDIT: Hitomi Yaida - Over the distance (Whoops forgot about this one)
D8
I can't bear to hear this song without the sounds at all. it needs the right sounds (hard or insane) or it grinds against my nerves
lukewarmholiday

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

RemmyX25 wrote:

EDIT: Hitomi Yaida - Over the distance (Whoops forgot about this one)
D8
I can't bear to hear this song without the sounds at all. it needs the right sounds (hard or insane) or it grinds against my nerves

OMG YES
Seibei4211
I haven't played TWEWY, so I can't really stand the Deja Vu sounds. I'm sure there's some sort of inside joke to it, but it goes right over my head.
YoshiKart

Seibei4211 wrote:

I haven't played TWEWY, so I can't really stand the Deja Vu sounds. I'm sure there's some sort of inside joke to it, but it goes right over my head.
It's actually just the game's regular sounds. There's not really much of an esoteric concept whatsoever.
eee
Coldplay - Viva la Vida

sounds make song more epic
Seibei4211
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
devkit4384
Yuukari-Banteki
Kevin.o2SE - Red Sign

another one i cant stand to listen to without the hitsounds D: it sounds so empty~
Al-Azif
Seiryu - Time to Air

the spinner with the sound additions so funny
RemmyX25
OK, so I heard Ricky Martin - Livin' la Vida Loca on the radio at work today, and all I thought of were the hitsounds.

Thank you, osu!. Thank you, Kharl.
lukewarmholiday
Card N'FoRcE
Amame - To the Graceful Scarlet

Soft-hitclap.wav is epic and the difficulties feel so different it seems like playing another song.
Atmey

adam2046 wrote:

You're The Inspiration, I think it sounds absolutely crap without the sounds.
I have to agree.
Yasunori Mitsuda - Robo's Theme [Insane]
show more