forum

Katy Perry - Hot N Cold

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mrtn
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Symbolic
Topic Starter
mrtn
thx :p
foulcoon
terrible haha j/k j/k

Why do you make finding the offset harder than it is? You placed it on the wrong beat after you already had notes before it? ;S

48 offset i say i say good sir.

[Easy]
Eh its alright ;P

[Normal]
Aw I kinda liked this one til it ended in a shitty spot... maybe extend it til 02:07:320

[Hard]
Nothing really wrong, other than being super dull and lacking awesome hitsounds (HINT HINT)

you can has star, you predictable mapper you
Topic Starter
mrtn
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
foulcoon
Eh I'm not gonna withhold bubbles, but why don't you like whistles? You have NO WHISTLES in the entire map, and its a song full of high range vocals. Its kind of a letdown to be honest ;S.
Topic Starter
mrtn
I hate whistles a lot :p.
It's ok as long as I play with the EBA skin, but with default I absolutely can't stand the sound :p. That's why i don't use whistles :P

Thx for the bubble :)
CheeseWarlock
*le pop*

[Easy]
00:17:77 (1,1,2,3) - Hard to follow for an Easy map.

[Hard]
Honestly, this map is pretty solid from a technical standpoint but I don't really like it at all. It's not coherently mapped to any part of the beat, and it's not consistent enough to create a rhythm of its own. And some of the jumps are a bit spazzy.
00:00:04 (1,2,3,4,5) - Unfitting way to start the map.
00:28:91 (1,1) - Overlapping spinners.
Topic Starter
mrtn
fixed the 3 issues you pointed out.

[Easy]
00:17:77 (1,1,2,3)
- I don't really see how that was hard, seemed pretty straightforward to me but i changed a slider to make it a little easier.

[Hard]00:28:91 (1,1) - I thought a spinner end and spinner start were allowed to overlap. I thought it wasn't allowed to end a spinner after the start of the next one, but fixed.
Rolled
Topic Starter
mrtn
Thanks for modding :).

Removed stacks and replaced most claps with whistles.

I really don't like the sound of whistles and most of the time i feel they are out of place, so It's hard for me to judge whether the whistles are OK where I used them, but I think they are.
Rolled
Hard:
00:30:72 (1) - Extend this slider a beat, imo. Like the one at 01:36:18 (1). It gives the user a bit more reaction time, and less likely to be a 100.

Normal: 00:30:50 (1) Don't stack the end of one spinner with the start of another. Either make it one large spinner like at 1:36, or.. you know.. just unstack them. Start the second one 1/8th later or something.

Easy.. is rather short. Hmm. Not sure if I like that or not, but it wouldn't stop me from ranking if you do not want to map it further.

Other than those fixes, I think I'm actually more fond of normal than hard. I know you're a pretty vocal mapper, and the vocals are quite slow in this song, but hard just feels like a bit of mindless clicking to the beat. I can't really find a dominate pattern.

But I've tried to map this song before too, and I stopped due to lack of creativity in it. I couldn't really find a good way to map a hard difficulty either, so I'm not going to fault you for that. Fix up these small things and I will bubble.
Jarby
The jumps work really well for this song. Your combo placement is a bit eccentric, even outside of jumps, but I won't criticize them, as it gives it a unique feeling. Good work. Star.

Download: Nomizu Iori - Nymph Virus~ (Nymph_) [Happy Chung~].osu
Topic Starter
mrtn
Larto
Hi you.

Easy's fine

Normal:
00:28:91 (1,1) - The second spinner starts EXACTLY when the first ends. Overlaps are not allowed, so please move the second spinner at least 1/8 forward ;x

Hard:
00:20:95 (4) - New Combo for spacing change.
00:25:50 (4) - ^
00:44:59 (3) - ^ (Optional here)
00:50:50 (2) - ^ (Optional here)
00:56:86 (4 or on 5) - ^
03:27:54 (3) - ^ (Here it just looks better ;x)

Really cool map!
Topic Starter
mrtn
fixed. Thanks for modding :)
Larto
Good job =D

EDIT: Oh sorry I can't bubble this instantly, Seibei and I just made clear that the Offset is way better at 40 instead of 48. Please move it to there and then I can rebubble and Seibei can Rank :O
Topic Starter
mrtn
thanks for the bubble ^^
Seibei4211
Larto and I are thinking offset 40.

Edit: But other than that, really fun map and a GOD DAMMIT THIS SONG IS CATCHY song.

Edit 2: I see how Larto gets his mod posts! Ranked.
Topic Starter
mrtn
done :)
show more